Pytm.com taking money from my account ?

sam000

Adept
I checked my axis bank statement recently and in that it said i have made a purchase of like Rs 260 online ....which i did not.....so checked if some other transcation like this happened without my knowledge....last month too shortly after i recharged my mobile via Paytm website Rs 200 was deducted from ma debit card....So contacted the bank now waiting for them to reply :( .

MlzwP.png

Anyone had similar things happen to them after they used a debit card on Paytm?

ohh no :O how can they steal money?i too recharged from paytm today..just checked my bank statement and nothing debited extra

I have done recharges for more than 5k using PayTM and never faced any issue like this. Most probably it might be something else, maybe some auto bill payment that you had set up?

I have not setup anything to auto debit from ma account....that i am sure....the bank has taken the complaint and told me to ring tomorrow....the operator confirmed that i have used the debit card to purchase something online....the details he said will take some time.....But i have not used that debit card to purchase anything like that for the said amount....that i know for sure....the same thing like that happened the previous month also ...that time it was Rs200 ....The Bank wanted me to block the card but i refused as i have to pay for ma seedbox a few days from now...so they told me to change all the password's :(.

How can changing the password help? They (payTM) clearly have an authorisation to debit your card without a password else they would haven't been able to

sorry for the late reply guys.....the bank did contact my house but i was outside when they called...they did not give any detail to my mom just asked for me and cut the line.....i think have to go to the branch to sort this on out as the toll free number no one is picking up the call .

Somehow the PayTm guys found out about this thread :O ....they messaged me to give them the order number so they can investigate......i will give them the details after i confirm with the bank .....that will be more helpful i think.

When I got a recharge, during payment there was a checkbox for saving card details for future transactions. I obviously didn't checked it. @OP did you get that checkbox option.

HailStonE said:
When I got a recharge, during payment there was a checkbox for saving card details for future transactions. I obviously didn't checked it. @OP did you get that checkbox option.
I know about that so did not tick that....i dont like my card details getting stored anywhere :p

Isnt the VbV password required for each transaction in India?

Sites like Steam can process the payment w/o the VbV password, but I thought Indian sites were required to make use of it

Just got a call from the bank....they are saying its the payTm itself that would have deducted it they also said they cant give any proof now as the branch cant see all the detail of the transaction .....so they have forwarded the complaint to the IT department and told me to wait to get all the details.

This happened on july also here is a screen shot of that transaction after i used PayTm :

Rrk6v.png

Order Number : 3017386

Order number for the other transaction is : 3743546

Whats going on here ?:S.

I got this in my pm from the payTM guys after they saw this thread :

Team Paytm said:
Hi Sam,

Pleas eprovide us with your order number to enable us to Investigate on this issue. Or, write an Email to care@paytm.com.

Regards,

Team PayTM.

the order number i have given in this thread itself ...so Whats taking them so long now?

Back