[Pune,India] VPS - 500Gb Bandwidth, 512MB Ram,20Gb Raid space @ $36/yr

swatkats

Skilled
Cheap VPS in India location in Both Ovz and Kvm virtualization are up for sale.
  • 512MB RAM & 512MB vSWAP
  • 1 vCPU Core
  • 20GB Disk Space (RAID 10)
  • 500GB Bandwidth
  • 1 IPv4 Address
  • OpenVZ/SolusVM CP
  • 100Mbit port
  • $5/Month or Rs.300/Month | Order link
  • $36/Year or Rs.2160 | Order link
  • Promo codes:
    • INOVZVPS512MB (monthly)
    • INOVZVPS512MB48 (yearly)

- Data center is located in Pune,India
- Test ping : 103.12.211.5
- Service Tax(12.36%) will be applicable For Customers in India.

Lowend Deal link : http://www.lowendbox.com/blog/leapswitch-7month-1gb-ram-openvz-vps-in-india-kvm-inside-too/

Last edited:
Is it reliable? I mean, is there any frequent downtime?

and, I also need some opinion from you guys. I have only used sheared hosting till date, which are fully managed by hosting providers. I mean if anything goes wrong I just open a ticket and they resolve the issue for me. So is unmanaged VPS is right for me? (I have good knowledge about web technologies but no knowledge about Linux & server administration)

and, I also need some opinion from you guys. I have only used sheared hosting till date, which are fully managed by hosting providers. I mean if anything goes wrong I just open a ticket and they resolve the issue for me. So is unmanaged VPS is right for me? (I have good knowledge about web technologies but no knowledge about Linux & server administration)

I would not recommend that leap , get a LEB and practice before going live with it[DOUBLEPOST=1375544176][/DOUBLEPOST]Do they allow VPN ??

If you're wondering how that CP looks? It's something like this...
JIdd2a3.jpg

- No downtimes. I host with them. I found this offer very Good so i posted here.
- You can go for managed vps hosting for 250extra and since the CP is solusvm you should be fine after playing with it twice or thrice. Same was the case when you used Cpanel right?
- They will help you in every issue.. Since it is fully managed. Do contact them sales[at] leapswitch [dot]com

Do they allow VPN ??
Yes they do allow VPN on umanaged VPS.

Last edited:
Thanks Bro! I have asked them by mail and waiting for reply.
Thanks for Posting this. Whats the difference between Solus, KVM and OpenVz? And which is better?
Solusvm is a Control panel. KVM, Openvz are the virtualizations

Features of OpenVZ Virtualization:
Full root access.
OS-level virtualization.
'Burst' RAM and other extra resources available when nodes are underused.
Upgrades can be applied on-the-fly, without reboots.
More resources available due to lightweight virtualization.
Simple network and disk setup.
Access to most iptables modules.

Of all Xen VPS are awesome! many don't offer that.
Support says Only 30% Recurring discount on Managed VPS plans Whereas 50% discount on Unmanaged VPS.

Last edited:
Hello,
I am Ishan from Leapswitch Networks. @swatkats, thank you for posting our offer :)

You can start off with a managed VPS so you have help when you need it and then shift to unmanaged once you feel comfortable.

I would not recommend that leap , get a LEB and practice before going live with it[DOUBLEPOST=1375544176][/DOUBLEPOST]Do they allow VPN ??
Yes, we do allow VPN.
But promo code is not working for managed plan. Is there any promo code for Managed plan?
Please email us for Managed VPS coupon. We offer 30% recurring discount on managed VPS.

Thanks for Posting this. Whats the difference between Solus, KVM and OpenVz? And which is better?
SolusVM is just a control panel to restart your VPS/reinstall it , monitor bandwidth usage etc.

There is a lot of difference between KVM and OpenVZ. KVM is True virtualization where you can run your own kernel or even Windows with a VPS. In OpenVZ you need to use the main server's kernel and changes are limited, so it is not real virtualization.
You can read more here - http://www.lowendguide.com/1/using-linux/quickinfo-difference-between-openvz-and-kvm/

Solusvm is a Control panel. KVM, Openvz are the virtualizations
Of all Xen VPS are awesome! many don't offer that.
Support says Only 30% Recurring discount on Managed VPS plans Whereas 50% discount on Unmanaged VPS.

Xen is no longer supported by Redhat since Redhat 6 and KVM is now inbuilt into Redhat 6, so we made the decision to use KVM over Xen. You won't notice much differences in performance/capabilities while using KVM instead of Xen.

Xen is no longer supported by Redhat since Redhat 6 and KVM is now inbuilt into Redhat 6, so we made the decision to use KVM over Xen. You won't notice much differences in performance/capabilities while using KVM instead of Xen.
Didn't knew that. Thank you for correcting me.

Hi, sorry to bug you again @swatkats and @Leapswitch|Ishan

I read you explanation to open vz and KVM and a few questions
>>> When it says 1 vCPU Core , What does it actually mean? If the processor is 16 core, you'l be having 16 such VPs on it? How does that work?
>>> Is the IP Address shared or mine alone?
>>> How much extra for extra resources like bandwidth , ram, diskspace, more processing power ? Could you provide a small table to help us understand the costs?
>>> Why is the disk space on KVM so less? :(
>>> When you say managed, what exactly do you mean?
>>> What all do we have to setup from a clean install to reach a Shared hosting panel's convenience? And how much of it would managed server ease? Perhaps link an article/quick list?
>>> Will you always have a LEB deal? Like not screw us after a year? :p (Basically are these plans sustainable for you?)

I discovered VPS here on TE and have no prior experience though I'm plenty nerdy. I may have more questions :p
I am looking to purchase one for a longish term in the next month, hence the questions.

Hi, sorry to bug you again @swatkats and @Leapswitch|Ishan
No problem, let me explain.

I read you explanation to open vz and KVM and a few questions
>>> When it says 1 vCPU Core , What does it actually mean? If the processor is 16 core, you'l be having 16 such VPs on it? How does that work?
1 vCPU Core means that you can access processing power upto 1 CPU. So if there are 30 VPSes on one node, each VPS will be able to use upto 1 vCPU at any given time. This is possible as all VPSes do not use their entire processing power at all times. It does not mean that Core 1 is allocated to VPS 1 , Core 2 to VPS2 etc.
>>> Is the IP Address shared or mine alone?
It is dedicated to you.

>>> How much extra for extra resources like bandwidth , ram, diskspace, more processing power ? Could you provide a small table to help us understand the costs?
It is better to upgrade to a higher plan. We offer custom additions on request but our plans are made in a way that no particular resource is left unsold once the main server is sold out. If we sell a lot of custom addons it may cause us to have 2GB RAM free but no space left to create the VPS.

>>> Why is the disk space on KVM so less? :(
In KVM space is dedicated to a VPS , it cannot be oversold. In OpenVZ it can be oversold as not all users use all the space.

>>> When you say managed, what exactly do you mean?
It means we will have installation, configuration, monitoring and troubleshooting of all services on the VPS. We will also assist in deployment of your websites/applications.

>>> What all do we have to setup from a clean install to reach a Shared hosting panel's convenience? And how much of it would managed server ease? Perhaps link an article/quick list?
As above, you will need to configure the OS, install cPanel, configure cPanel/WHM, secure it, update Apache/PHP to the latest version with required modules, configure nameservers etc, and then start creating cPanel accounts which you can use as shared hosting. Apart from this you will also need to setup monitoring, disable unnecessary services, tweak settings, add security applications and configure them (eg firewall) etc.

>>> Will you always have a LEB deal? Like not screw us after a year? :p (Basically are these plans sustainable for you?)
Once you signup for a deal the price remains same unless there is a huge increase in upstream pricing (unlikely as all we purchase is power and bandwidth). In our past 7 years in business we have never raised prices for any client apart from domain name renewal pricing.

I discovered VPS here on TE and have no prior experience though I'm plenty nerdy. I may have more questions :p
I am looking to purchase one for a longish term in the next month, hence the questions.
No problem, if you decide to go with us, let me know :)

@Party Monger
You can install one of the free alternatives to cPanel like virtualmin / webmin / kloxo if you dont want to pay for cPanel/WHM.

After some experience you may not even need any such control panel and can do it directly from the console.

yes if you are familiar with Linux commands then shell is more than enough most of the time

Update : Sorry for double post. I am getting database error when trying to post it

Back