PS4 second hand games

Hi All...

Finally I got a PS4 from the US... Now being a PC gamer for whole of my life, I'm a noob when it comes to PS gaming.. I have got a major doubt about how the second hand PS games work :-

Suppose I purchase a FIFA 15 second hand copy from cex/landmark store.. Once I install the game in my PS, will I own the game for lifetime and play online multiplayer using PSN?
Then after installing the game, can I sell off the game disc again? After that will I still be able to play the game which I had installed in my PS?

This is definitely not possible for PC games as they are associated with a game code which once redeemed will be forever tied to one account only and cannot be transferred... So how does it work when it comes to the PS?

Any piece of advise is appreciated...

Thanks for taking time to read this and helping out a fellow gamer.. :)

Console games needed a part to be installed to work but the Disk is always needed to play the game. Without the Disk you won't be able to play the game. Unlike PC's the whole game doesn't get's installed and nothing like activation code is there. A part of game is installed into the HDD of the console. As I said already, you always need to popin the Disk to play the game.

So, generally peoples sells them once they have played, unless he loves collecting games.

If you buy the game from PSN+ or similar thing for XBox then you need to download the whole game in your console HDD which get's installed and you can directly play the game from there.

I'd suggest always try to get Disks as you can re-sell them. Because if you get the Game from PSN+ you won't be able to sell them as they are tied up with your A/c. But ofcourse you can sell the A/c itself. In that case the one who buys, will have access to all your games. You can't sell single games. You need to give the buyer your Username and Password which you probably won't like to do.

Due to this usage of Disks with no activation codes for console games, selling and buying 2nd hand game disks is much common. Max. people can't afford to buy games with price tag of 1.5k+. Those games are easily reselled 2nd time or 3rd time within 500 - 1000 INR. The price depends on the title and the price :)

Head over to http://www.indianvideogamer.com/forums/ and register yourself. I never bought any games from stores. Always use to buy it from IVG and other market places and sell them after playing :)

Same as PC. No online code no online gaming, no disc no offline gaming. Digital only are save to HDD. Online pass needs to be purchased if using a used disc where codes have already been used.

FIFA players will clear your query. It's locked to Origin so used should not be a problem. But I'm not sure.

Console games needed a part to be installed to work but the Disk is always needed to play the game. Without the Disk you won't be able to play the game. Unlike PC's the whole game doesn't get's installed and nothing like activation code is there. A part of game is installed into the HDD of the console. As I said already, you always need to popin the Disk to play the game.

So, generally peoples sells them once they have played, unless he loves collecting games.

If you buy the game from PSN+ or similar thing for XBox then you need to download the whole game in your console HDD which get's installed and you can directly play the game from there.

I'd suggest always try to get Disks as you can re-sell them. Because if you get the Game from PSN+ you won't be able to sell them as they are tied up with your A/c. But ofcourse you can sell the A/c itself. In that case the one who buys, will have access to all your games. You can't sell single games. You need to give the buyer your Username and Password which you probably won't like to do.

Due to this usage of Disks with no activation codes for console games, selling and buying 2nd hand game disks is much common. Max. people can't afford to buy games with price tag of 1.5k+. Those games are easily reselled 2nd time or 3rd time within 500 - 1000 INR. The price depends on the title and the price :)

Head over to http://www.indianvideogamer.com/forums/ and register yourself. I never bought any games from stores. Always use to buy it from IVG and other market places and sell them after playing :)

Thanks for the quick and detailed explanation...:) Now I understand that the game disc itself acts as a kind of key/code for the game...
Apart from IVG, any other forums or online stores where I can check and compare prices of games?[DOUBLEPOST=1430075040][/DOUBLEPOST]
Online pass needs to be purchased if using a used disc where codes have already been used.

I didn't get this part...:confused: Could you help me with a scenario or an example?

@swagatrath Check out http://www.gamestop.com/ps3 http://www.game4u.com/re-play-28?aid=0 http://www.gamexs.in/ and ofcourse OLX, Quickr and Local Facebook Groups.

Such as, we have a Kol PS Users Facebook Group where we can locally meet people and do the transaction. Try to search your local group too.

But hold on, before jumping into this 2nd hand buying and selling games, try to read out the threads as many as possible to guess the justified prices.

Because things depends on Title. such as say GTA V and GT5 Prologue both are priced at 2000/-. You'll get 2nd hand GT5 Prologue for 1000/- but for GTA V it'd be 1500/-. I know it's a bad example. But my intention is to show you the pricing structure and warn you from getting ripped off.

@swagatrath Check out http://www.gamestop.com/ps3 http://www.game4u.com/re-play-28?aid=0 http://www.gamexs.in/ and ofcourse OLX, Quickr and Local Facebook Groups.

Such as, we have a Kol PS Users Facebook Group where we can locally meet people and do the transaction. Try to search your local group too.

But hold on, before jumping into this 2nd hand buying and selling games, try to read out the threads as many as possible to guess the justified prices.

Because things depends on Title. such as say GTA V and GT5 Prologue both are priced at 2000/-. You'll get 2nd hand GT5 Prologue for 1000/- but for GTA V it'd be 1500/-. I know it's a bad example. But my intention is to show you the pricing structure and warn you from getting ripped off.

thanks for all the other references.. I will definitely check them out.. :)

@krishnandu
How long does it take for ivg to grant permissions to a new account normally? I created my account last week, still unable to browse most of the forum sections...
It depends. For me it didn't take much time.

BTW what do you mean my grant permission? I don't remember such thing. I guess you need a minimum number of contributions before participating in Buy & Sale section.

IVG Mods are very active. As all the sale threads created go through manual moderation and it's really fast. Max time is 24 Hours.

It depends. For me it didn't take much time.

BTW what do you mean my grant permission? I don't remember such thing. I guess you need a minimum number of contributions before participating in Buy & Sale section.

IVG Mods are very active. As all the sale threads created go through manual moderation and it's really fast. Max time is 24 Hours.

Could you help me out with this... can you tag a moderator or PM him to ask about my id's status - "goDofWar_skr"
I had mailed at staff@ivg.com but no reply from them... Also I could not find any other way to contact the moderators...

Could you help me out with this... can you tag a moderator or PM him to ask about my id's status - "goDofWar_skr"
I had mailed at staff@ivg.com but no reply from them... Also I could not find any other way to contact the moderators...
Sure. But can you please tell me what problems are you facing?

You have registered > got the activation mail > activated your ID.

Now what? Or am I wrong in the steps mentioned above?

Once I login to the forum section, most of the important topics like "game deals" "For Sale" are categorized as "Protected Forum" for me....
2n8bolh.png

If I click on any of such topics which are classified as "protected forum", I get this error...
2rmxtmt.png

Even the ones which are accessible for me, I'm unable to post any content so that may be I can get help on the forum itself... Instead I get this message...
6ib0js.png

I have even tried the "resend validation" option... but no luck till now...

This means you didn't get the Validation Mail. Did you tried checking Spam folder of yours and checking whether you have entered the email correctly?

This means you didn't get the Validation Mail. Did you tried checking Spam folder of yours and checking whether you have entered the email correctly?
No.. actually I got the validation mail.. once after registration and again when I tried the "resend validation" option..
vy9ikm.png

Even I'm facing the same issue.. I registered, received the activation email.. Validated my account and the status is showing a moderator needs to validate.. Sending emails to staffs doesn't help..

@swagatrath: Thanks a lot mate...
I receied validation, but upon access it says administrator wishes to preview accounts before posting permissions granted...
its been 3 weeks since I joined the forum...
Thanks mate

New accounts at IVG are generally put through a validation process before being allowed full access to the forums. You can peruse the active threads to get a fair idea of the forum members, etc. in the meantime.

Back