Video Problem with TataSky HD+ automatic recording

6pack

ex-Mod
From a few days, my TataSky HD + dvr is acting strange. It starts recording the post match session on star sports 1 from 10:30 to 10:45 without me even touching the remote. I deleted two or three of the recordings after they completed but from past two days the recording gets deleted but not from the recorded list. It shows title without any time. Trying to delete it does nothing. I get a play option in menu and playing the recording will just switch to the live channel. I have two of those ghost recordings in the list now. They won't go no matter what I do.

Weird thing is can't even stop the recording when it starts. I haven't even put the matches in series list to record so don't understand how only the post match discussion is getting recorded every night.

Is this or something like this happening to others too?

Chkdsk the hard disk. it could have been corrupt.. you could also try to Reset all the settings and the problem could be solved.
also check the "Booked" option in record menu. you (or someone else) might have set it record series by mistake.

How to chkdisk it with remote? The dvr has some screws with pins in it (security torx screws) and I suppose it has some Linux version as os.
I tried pinging it through LAN but all ports are blocked.

I know there are bad sectors on the disc since I've seen some recorded programs skip in between during playback.
Also I already checked the booked option. The t20 series is not in it. If I reset settings will I loose all recorded programs?

Another thing i forgot to mention. Also sometimes the channels get changed suddenly. The dvr will shift to next channel all of sudden. Then I shift back to previous channel & after sometime again it shifts to next channel.

Its 3+ yrs old. Not in warranty I think. The recording stopped though. Yesterday it didn't record. I think it does not like India match.

Wierd, this "automatic recording" issue happened with both my TS HD+ boxes a few days ago (different days, programs got recorded) - now the recording shows in the list, cant play it and cant delete it either.

Back