Security Software Prematurely Deactivated/Lisence Blocked of Kaspersky Internet Security

Switch

Skilled
Guys,

I Bought a Kaspersky Internet Security Lisence from Ebay.in on 14/12/2011 from a random seller. The license did get activated from the activated key he passed me but today the license got expired prematurely. I tried contacting the seller on ebay but it seems he is no longer listed/registered.

Though I have emailed Kaspersky tech support explaining them the problem but I am pretty sure it would be of no use. Has anybody else faced similar problems. Also from where can or rather should I buy a genuine license.

TIA

Switch

#Switch

Mail kaspersky the purchase proof from ebay, most likely you have been spoofed.
<

Our own dealer time2shop has KIS key and he is reliable, fast, and gives excellent pricing.
<

As kaspersky internet security is getting popular, there are a lot of fakes available in the market. and the problem is exactly what you've mentioned. the key basically gets blacklisted on the kaspersky authentication network within a few days.. buy it from a reputed shop, and you wont have any problems.. this is the reason i dont buy items on ebay.. there is no authenticity. people even sell their pirated game cds for 50 bucks on ebay.. although the concept of ebay as a mediating platform between buyers and sellers is good, it is one of the worst online places to buy unless you have proper info. about the seller through some recommendation.

even in the local markets, if you buy physically, you might get a fake if you dont purchase from a reputed store. the packaging and everything looks fine.. but its fake. one thing you can do is, if you have a good mobile phone with a decent camera, install a barcode scanner and scan the barcode on the box. if it is genuine, it will contain proper info. and then verify that info from kaspersky.

Well this was a good lesson learnt for Rs. 220 only but an important one indeed. I generally don't buy software on ebay but this was one odd thing which I bought. Also its a little tough to understand that why should the key get accepted in the first place when its been already used. The key should be blacklisted/unaccepted as soon as it gets registered for the first time.

Anyways whats done is done. Time to get a new one as its very irritating when the annoying pop up thingy just pops up on your face while doing something important.

Which seller was this, please mention.. I'd bought few keys with those 150 ff coupons as well.. The dealer had many previous dealings & ratings for other products (not just KIS)..

My keys are working so far... Touch-wood...

Back