PPPOE for 64 bit XP

itrix

Disciple
i tried to install on native 32 bit pppoe on 64 bit xp i m not able to do..

is there anyone having 64 bit pppoe?

Help!!!

What exactly is pppoe. Could you elaborate.

edit: forget it. got it.

Chaos posted 2.88 minutes later:

You probably need a 64bit driver for your modem if you have one. If i'm not mistaken, 64bit xp has its own ppp client.

PPOE is not used for modems . It stands for point to point over ETHERNET. Most of the broadband ISPs use this for the logon system with username/pass and providing a LAN/WAN based network over CAT cables.

Edit- there definately should be a PPOE system in Windows 64, try finding it in the network connection properties, or should be present in the new connection settings.

amol0010 said:
PPOE is not used for modems . It stands for point to point over ETHERNET. Most of the broadband ISPs use this for the logon system with username/pass and providing a LAN/WAN based network over CAT cables.

Edit- there definately should be a PPOE system in Windows 64, try finding it in the network connection properties, or should be present in the new connection settings.
Well most ADSL based isps use it as well. if he has adsl. it could be that the modem doesnt have drivers.

Even Normal XP has PPPoE Support Built in,....That is Exactly what i work on
Hey give full details why it is not working and will give ya the solution.

Yep. Win XP and its 64-bit Edition both have built in support for PPPoE. Just use the Create New Connection wizard from Network Connections.

1. Select Connect to the Internet.
2. Select Setup my connection manually.
3. Select Connect using a broadband connection.....password.
4. Type ISP ( Not exactly, could even be ur name )Name.
5. Then type the username and password that the ISP gave u.
6. U r DONE !!!

Back