please suggest android 2.3 phone around 7K range

cool_cat

Adept
Hi,
I am looking for a cheap android phone atleast android 2.3 OS and around Rs7000 range. I find Idea Blade and Galaxy Y are the locally available options.
Is there any other Phones recommended?

Also, a shop owner said Rs6400 for Galaxy Y(new) although He needs tomorrow to verify this price. while in other shops they asks Rs7100-7400 range. Idea Blade, I haven't inquired price.

open for purchase from reliable online stores if price advantage is there. do share.

LG OPTIMUS L3. At least better than Y on the processor & camera side. But don't expect any sort of update.

If you are ok with all the desi brands (i.e. very less chance of getting custom rom, kernel, etc) then other than Blade look out for Karbonn Smart A7 which most probably is some variant of Huawei. Or Micromax A73.

If I am getting Galaxy Y for Rs6500 range, isn't it a better choice.

If you get a sealed pack, then it is a good deal but in case of Android, bigger screen the better. a 3.5" will have lot better usability (keeping all other techie stuff aside) than a 3-3.2" one.

Will like a phone with some support(updates).

none. I doubt if any sub 10k mobile will get official ICS. Explorer won't get ICS though it has 512MB ROM&RAM (HTC outed some BS saying 512MB rom required to receive ICS). Wildfire S, ChaCha are left out too.

is there any difference except for the keyboard comparing Mini(sk15i) vs Mini Pro(sk17i)?

I am seriously thinking of purchasing "Mini pro Sk17i" with keyboard. But ebay offer has only "Dealer warranty" no Sony India warranty. Any feedback about dealer "sankyoelectronics" ?

---------- Post added at 08:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:33 AM ----------

is there any difference except for the keyboard comparing Mini(sk15i) vs Mini Pro(sk17i)?

I am seriously thinking of purchasing "Mini pro Sk17i" with keyboard. But ebay offer has only "Dealer warranty" no Sony India warranty. Any feedback about dealer "sankyoelectronics" ?
but then I found out this dealer is not trustworthy? Posts on Tech, Gadgets, Quality of Products, Services and so on!: Ebay India phone buying experience / review - ebay.in Seller sankyoelectronics
Sony Ericsson Xperia Mini Pro SK17i Mobile + Seller Warranty @ Rs. 8402 From Ebay Power Seller - DesiDime, India's Shopping Community for Best Deals

I expect low quality used/open boxed/grey imports with few other dealers in ebay including power sellers also offering this mobile for anything less than 12000 rupees. lesson learned never get lured for VFM.

so, there ends the choice of Xperia Mini. :D

---------- Post added at 08:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:33 AM ----------

but then I found out this dealer is not trustworthy? Posts on Tech, Gadgets, Quality of Products, Services and so on!: Ebay India phone buying experience / review - ebay.in Seller sankyoelectronics
Sony Ericsson Xperia Mini Pro SK17i Mobile + Seller Warranty @ Rs. 8402 From Ebay Power Seller - DesiDime, India's Shopping Community for Best Deals

I expect low quality used/open boxed/grey imports with few other dealers in ebay including power sellers also offering this mobile for anything less than 12000 rupees. lesson learned never get lured for VFM.

so, there ends the choice of Xperia Mini. :D

Oh good find, i didn't do a check on the seller , i was just watching it on the "Deals of the week" every week on ebay, so found it could be a VFM phone.....

Any way thanks for the info, actually i was planning to buy one for my cousin..... need to look for alternatives now.....

sad to hear such cases about this seller.
i had ordered 2 xperia arc s from him on 30th june, both were delivered on 6th july, both were in brand new packaging, i had myself opened the seal to check. But anyways those seals are easy to get in the market and the plastic the phone was kept in was also a ziplock plactic, something which a manufacturer would never use. but the phone was brand new with factory screen protectors and had everything else which is packaged by manufacturer.
Maybe i was lucky enough and didnt get cheated. :)

Back