Graphic Cards Please help with my 8800GT temperature's being too hot

pcgamers

Disciple
Can someone help me to solve my problems with my Asus EN8800GT full load at >100 degC. I am using this card since 2008 but i just realize that the temperature exceeds 100degC after i install a program called 'smartdoctor' utility from Asus website. I play GTA IV smoothly but after 20-30 minutes it crashed. I wonder it must be due to my Graphic card.

Can anyone advise whether there are graphics cooler that can be used to replace my asus 8800GT stock cooler? Or is there any other way for me to solve this?

Thanks in advance

Install MSI AfterBurner

Set fan speed to 70% while gaming, and default when not

Check the difference...adjust fan speed according to temperatures and sound levels after that.

Thanks for the advice, however i forgot to mention that my idle GPU card temp was 65degC at 100% fan speed. so i dont think setting the fan will help since its already running 100%. I am using smartdoctor to set the fan speed at 100% permanently right now.

Thank you for your suggestion but I have no idea whether the stock cooler can be removed to apply the thermal paste....please advice and thanks again

Before u do anything else, if the card is under warranty RMA it.
Cannot stress that enough, RMA the thing!!

After cleaning it up & re-applying the paste it will work ok for maybe a couple of months, but then it will be the same problem. 8800gt's with stock coolers do this very often. Stock cooler on the 8800gt is crap.

I have cleaned up mine like 4-5 times, it works for a while & then hangs/ artifacts.

RMA it & then when u get back the replacement card, put on a diff cooler like a hr3gt, trad2 or arctic accelero2 immediately.

Thanks a lot guys, i will try out your suggestion. unfortunately, my card is out of warranty already so the only thing i can do is cleaning the heatsink/fan or replacing a new VGA card's cooler.

Hey i was wondering from where the hell did u get an enermax PSU?:eek:

pcgamers said:
Thanks a lot guys, i will try out your suggestion. unfortunately, my card is out of warranty already so the only thing i can do is cleaning the heatsink/fan or replacing a new VGA card's cooler.

Rockfella said:
Hey i was wondering from where the hell did u get an enermax PSU?:eek:

I bought it in 2007 at PC-Fair from Enermax dealer if not mistaken. why is it? it performs quite good even though i am using 4 HDD, 2DVD-RW and also with 6-pin molex connector(GPU).

Might i know why you asked? Is it a bad brand or what? just curious...;)

Back