Laptops please help ..dell studio 1555 problem .

Hi all ,

I got a Dell studio 1555 on 25th August and as mentioned in another thread,it had probs right from the start(Screen flickering) .I asked for replacement,they said,they will replace in 20 days but no follow up has been done and now,they are again saying 40 days. This is terrible and after I read all the problems that you all are having with Dell studio ,I am not that eager to get it replaced even.My use is only to surf and see movies and will do heavy duty stuff during the project,mostly visual studio and some more.

But,I don have patience to keep getting stuff replaced on the laptop.Guys,what do u suggest? I read somewhere that even after replacement,the problems were there. And jesal said that he got it replaced in 10 days. Hey man,please let me know some specifics of your laptop (like case# or full name) and I will try to tell them to replace it asap. I am in 7th sem and in the middle of a project and this is not what I wanted :(. Please help. :(:(

If you dont mind want to have headache better to get refund....else you can follow up or escalate to dell from your side.

It seems i cannot get refund as I took laptop under EPP .. great.I am screwd all over. Moreover,they are not giving any compensation. My bro used to be in Dell long long ago and he had to give a lot but then that was US and this is India. Hmmm ...I will never ever buy laptops again. Will go for iMac rather. They say that it will take 20 to 25 days and nothing less. Hmmm ..hopefully,the new one won have that many problems.

These are the reason why i am saying in every thread please stay away from currrent series of xps and studio and people thing i faced issues thats why i am saying. its with guys. everyone is is facing some of the other issues with xps or studio and apart from that customer care is aweful. the only point is current series of dell laptops have more issues then any other brand and number of reported issues are way more then any other brand. so stop thinking about the thread Disgraceful truth of hp laptops and hp services. and think about how many issues you going to face within warranty period and how many time you will replace.

My suggestion here for crazyaboutliv is force them mail dell usa about ur issues and they will refund your complete money. I have take refund for my 3 studio 15 and 1 xps 16 so try hard and dont listen to their excues

delguy19..r u serious ?!! I mean they went into the whole story of how I have taken the laptop under the name of Dell employee and therefore,I cannot get the refund. If it comes to mailing Dell USA,I am fine with that. I am going to send them all the links where you and others have talked of all the issues with this laptop. I asked for refund but they are not agreeing. Hey,can you PM me some of the details of how you took the refund?Please .

And about not taking Dell laptops. Well,I had heard both good and bad about Dell but the 7K discount with Studio and the fact that A.S.S with Dell was better than most and the fact that my bro used to be in Dell drew me towards it. Here,in my college,all took Dell and only a few had issues. I took it at the wrong time. I am trying my best to take refund. If u know anyone in Dell US (Customer care specifically),please let me know. Thanks a lot .

One regret I am having is that I did not check the forums before taking Dell or I would have surely not gone for it. My bro kept telling me to go for Acer but I flatly refused. First time in my life I went against him and now,this is how I get payback. Hmm.. they are telling me it won't take less than 12 working days from the day they get the docs. Lets hope the replacement won't be as hopeless as the one in my hands right now.

Well i will find out the list of dell usa email of pro and will pm you soon. btw with whom ur dealing in india customer care is it jinsi babu, john, parul shukla, bhavya or emanuel or devi someone else

I face so many issues and get refund in all cases you just need to be firm and hard I have grilled these guys so much i remember their names and even i have all emails id
its not that dell is bad, its just the problem is with dell now a days laptop dell xps 16 and studio 15 thats all just stay away from them

Two customer guys did not take it seriously,so,my bro mailed Dell India CEO :),he expedited the process and since then all those who neglected my mails got some bashing.. :),a refund and then new laptop/desktop is a lengthy process,so,I am forced to go for replacement and they are not agreeing for refund as it is under Dell employee's name. It is in the terms and conditions :( .

But,on the positive side,if the replacement is as screwd up as the original,then,I surely will arrange refund anyhow. BTW,delguy,I haven dealt with any of the guys you told me. I am sending some of the links I found here and in notebookreview and that dell community and asking them to ensure that they give a flawless laptop this time. Lets hope they ensure it.

yea if no refund go for replacement and if after replacement issues are same then go for refund and then u can force them to do so

Back