Playstation Plus - Discussion Thread

I have never played indie games. Are they worth a try??

OMG hell yes they are! Some of the Indie titles would kick the rear of the triple-A ones.

Quixy has listed some of them and I'd place Limbo and Bastion on top of that list! Add Papo & Yo, Flower and Journey to that list as well. Journey is one hell of an experience!

I got myself a PSN+ account last week and had a few questions.

I don't have a PS Vita but I see some Vita games. If I try to download them now will I be allowed to do that considering I haven't registered a Vita?

I can't download them all at once considering their size but if I initiate a download they do get marked as purchased. Suppose a game is no longer in IGC but I have marked it as purchased will I be able to download it at that point?

Can I download games that are not in IGC now but were in IGC previously?

You can. I've downloaded a couple of Vita games to check.

No you cannot download free games that are off IGC.

Purchased items can be downloaded multiple times.

^Thanks for the quick reply.

I am using PS3 proxy via PC. Though I have done that in the past for demos. I am downloading LBP Kart at the moment and will then do Catherine.

If I directly click on Purchased game then the URL I get at the start will be the same right? For demos I simply scroll to the game and click download again after binding the URL and downloaded file.

I downloaded Ico and SOTC to PS3 directly but it took a long time thanks to 2 mbps (240 kbps download approx).

1. If you are signed into PSN while playing a game that has online features like Ridge Racer 7 or GT 5 the download stops. Meaning you either stop playing or continue the download after signing out of PSN.
2. Keeping PS3 On for long durations waiting for download to complete.

Awesome lineup for August on PS+ IGC for PS3. Available for download.

1. NFS Most Wanted 2012
2. Mafia II
3. Spec Ops : The Line

Last edited:
Wasted almost 20GB trying to download NFS:MW and Mafia. The frigging power goes off for a few minutes and then the files get corrupt. Aaaarrrrghhh!

How do you download on PC???
I wanted to do that. Can you tell the entire procedure? It would be great.

It is possible via PS3 proxy. I think tutorials are available online. If you could wait till today evening I can scan and post the entire article which was in Chip Mag a few months back and pass the installed files so you don't need to fiddle to install it on Windows 7.

Used to do that way back...does that method still work?

It sure does ;)

It is possible via PS3 proxy. I think tutorials are available online. If you could wait till today evening I can scan and post the entire article which was in Chip Mag a few months back and pass the installed files so you don't need to fiddle to install it on Windows 7.

That would be good. Please do. :)

I did post a link here which details the method but if you can post a guide, that would be helpful.

Here you go -
The PS3 Proxy Guide
The PS3 Proxy Server

Simply extract and use the server application.

I do a few things differently. The Url keeps changing if you pause or resume the file or if you start a download while in PSN store and then click on 'Download in Background'. I once landed up downloading Moto GP 13 Demo twice thanks to this once on PC and once on PS3 :mad: plus the game was horrible :banghead:

To avoid that follow the guide till Step 5 and download the file.
For step 6 open the PSN store and head to downloads and click on your file to download. Set it as 'Download in Background' and exit PSN store.
Now clear the logs. Go to Download Management and pause and resume the download. Add the Url you get here for step 7. You will have to do this bit a bit quickly though as the Url can change again on resume. It might take a few attempts as well. To check if the file is being transferred from the PC and not being downloaded again simply check the logs.
If say the path on your PC is C:\PS3\A.pkg and the Url is http:\\www.abracadabra.com. In logs you will see something similar to -
TimeStamp http:\\www.abracadabra.com -> C:\PS3\A.pkg

The pointer to the mapped path is important. Simply put - If it ain't pointing it ain't working.

Everytime you bind a new URL the download will start from 0%.

Once the download starts logout of PSN as some games suspend download like GT5, RR7 etc., In short any game that has online feature. Play something till the download completes here.

Enjoy!

P.S.: I hate the emoticons someone bring back the old ones.

Ok, tried this method yesterday night to download Mafia 2. Got the download link from the logs and managed to download the 7GB+ file using IDM.

Went to the Replace files tab and added the download link and file location in the columns. Hit resume on the PS3. It still downloads it from the internet. What am i missing?

Back