Budget 0-20k PC for 24x7 downloading purpose...

yes, you can add torrents from your S II , and manage them too.
And asus 351M1 pro, will not consume much power, if you want i can use kill a watt power meter and check how much it consumes.

Can you please check the consumption ( preferably running few torrents )

@Op
Which one did you take finally ?

Ordered pogoplug for Rs 1649/- today...

I think you are also inclined towards same, right?

@ All - the device is coming - your help will be needed for sure...

Thanks,
Pavan

- - - Updated - - -

OMG !!...

I thought lets join the arch linux forum so them I can get to know the things I need to do... while registering it asked me following question !!

acrh.jpg

Am I chosen a wrong path ?

- How is the default firmware to download torrents ? If I could use the default settings for torrents I can skip the hassles of linux and all...

No good and unless you are willing to put efforts you will struggle.

Actually it seems alright, I recently set up the Pogoplug Mobile that I had got and it was pretty smooth. Has about 90 MB free space enough for a torrent client, Samba etc. Installed ipkg and after that installed transmission, and it installed a very recent version of transmission too. :)

Actually it seems alright, I recently set up the Pogoplug Mobile that I had got and it was pretty smooth. Has about 90 MB free space enough for a torrent client, Samba etc. Installed ipkg and after that installed transmission, and it installed a very recent version of transmission too. :)

Varkey,

Can you please jot down a quick how-to to acheive the same? One of my friend is interested in dockstar like thingie and yes I guess I can answer him now. :)

Is it possible to order pogo plug at Amazon dot com from here in India ?

No they don't ship this outside the US.

But it will be much cheaper from iBhejo. Shipping plus customs actually comes to only about 600-700 Rs for a 1.2kg package.

- - - Updated - - -

Varkey,

Can you please jot down a quick how-to to acheive the same? One of my friend is interested in dockstar like thingie and yes I guess I can answer him now. :)

I followed this guide and few other changes on my own to start it automatically etc -- http://aaronrandall.blogspot.com/2011/07/installing-bittorrent-client-on.html

No they don't ship this outside the US.

But it will be much cheaper from iBhejo. Shipping plus customs actually comes to only about 600-700 Rs for a 1.2kg package.

I talked to ibhejo customer support online before ordering, they said there won`t be any customs charges, only octroi that too only if applicable to your city !!

Anyone from Pune ordered this ? please share, have you paid anything additional ?

^^ He was referring to getting it from Amazon. When you order from ibhejo, you don't have to pay customs etc. that's already included in the price. Only Octroi, if applicable.

I talked to ibhejo customer support online before ordering, they said there won`t be any customs charges, only octroi that too only if applicable to your city !!

Anyone from Pune ordered this ? please share, have you paid anything additional ?

Sorry I wasn't clear.

When you order from iBhejo, you are paying approx 1.75k (For a Pogoplug P21 after discount) for an item which costs $20 ~ Rs 1075 in the US. So effectively only Rs 675 is actually charged for customs and international shipping for a 1.2kg package.

I don't think anyone else will match that pricing. :)

thanks...
@varkey i was reading dd wrt forum, can`t find anything intresting about dlink 600L router, you have any idea.. if applicable what good it will serve me?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back