Onboard Lan dead and problems with PPPoE

Wraith

Skilled
Well my onboard lan is dead following the lightening and all a couple of days back...there was a huge spark! n switched off the machine immediately..

Just to check whether my onboard lan is really dead i uninstalled the drivers...disabled the onboard lan thru the bios...and then enabled it...and the drivers were installed...however i still get network cable unplugged even when i plug the cable in(no such problems with the new lan card)..
I got a new D-Link lan card....which is working fine with my Pacenet connection....but i have a couple of queries..

Pacenet needs the pppoe drivers installed to work...which i have already installed but when i type 'raspppoe' in the run box it says no devices found...(however when the dead onboard lan is enabled it works...but when i query for services i a negative reply)
and when i installed the pppoe drivers which come along with the pacenet dialer everything works fine with the new lan card! why does this happen?

Also if the onboard lan is dead...is it worth goin thru the hassle of gettin the mobo changed under warranty?

Thanks guys

so are you able to surf the net or not & is the connection proper ?

if you dont get a query from the rasppoe , there is some problem with the connection to our pacenet hub ... ask the pacenet guys to check the connections at the hub . Pacenet site has new drivers i think , try installing them.

Even i have pacenet & soon as the lightning struck ... boom , network cable unplugged , me got scared too man , luckily , no probs & finally connection us upafter 2 whole days :)

^^where do u stay....my connection was down for 2 days too!! i am in hindu colony

with the new lan card the connection is working....but i have to use the fine access concentrator which comes with the pacenet installer...

the default 'raspppoe' command doesnt work...

but right now the connection is up n stable no problems...

Back