Graphic Cards Nvidia 3D Vision Discover - Discussion

Gannu

Unbanned
ex-Mod
ram_dante said:
So all we need is a 3d anaglyph glass to get 3d for Batman Arkham City? Cuz the image looks like that!

Actually we need TriOviz's anaglyph 3D glasses but I am trying my luck with a pair of red blue cyan anaglyph glasses. I'll post the results when I get my hands on the copy and glasses. :p

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Update!

I received the glasses alright but just a quick headsup here - Games using TriOviz's Inficolor 3D requires those glasses with the complex magenta filter for the left eye and complex green filter for the right. What I received however was the usual red-cyan anaglyph glasses with the pure red filter for the left eye and pure cyan filter for the right one. Everything is neatly laid out in Wiki here - Anaglyph image - Wiki

And here is the link from TriOviz which also mentions the titles that support TriOviz's tech - http://eu.trioviz.com/

But hey, all isn't lost fortunately. The frame read 'NVIDIA 3D Vision Discover' so I Google'd for it and found this link which completely blew me away with the kind of immersion and sense of the depth in the in-game screenshots! :O

Here's the link - NVIDIA 3D Vision Discover

I am NOT kidding! The images looked absolutely surreal. Esp. Chris in RE 5 and Batman in Arkham Asylum. Guys with the Nvidia cards should definitely give this a try if your system meets the requirements. And glasses are sold dirt cheap on eBay! You do not need any 3D LCD or other hi-fi stuff. Read the requirements on Nvidia's page from the link I've posted above.

I'll further update this thread when Arkham City turns up but most likely I will be playing the game on 2D since anaglyph 3D washes the on-screen colors and makes it look pale.

Re: Batman: Arkham City - Discussion Thread

Gannu said:
Actually we need TriOviz's anaglyph 3D glasses but I am trying my luck with a pair of red blue cyan anaglyph glasses. I'll post the results when I get my hands on the copy and glasses. :p.

are there any indian site selling these?btw xbox have this feature.i mean you tried it on xbox.

^Search eBay QC - I got mine from this dealer: virtual_garg

And this was what I got: Red Blue Cyan NVIDIA VISION 3D anaglyph Glasses | eBay

Please note that these are not equivalent to the ones sold in the Batman GOTY edition. Those paper glasses are from TriOviz which have a different set of shades. But the upcoming version of Batman does support anaglyph 3D on normal 2D LCD displays with proper drivers.

Gannu said:
^Search eBay QC - I got mine from this dealer: virtual_garg

And this was what I got: Red Blue Cyan NVIDIA VISION 3D anaglyph Glasses | eBay

Please note that these are not equivalent to the ones sold in the Batman GOTY edition. Those paper glasses are from TriOviz which have a different set of shades. But the upcoming version of Batman does support anaglyph 3D on normal 2D LCD displays with proper drivers.
Thanks.
btw have you tried on pc with this yet.Get Software | iZ3D

Can I play It in 3D on My Laptop's 2D Display? Are you sure it works?

Gannu said:
Nope. Have you tried it? What is your take?

Actually i was asking you because you have those glasses i dont have those glasses yet.Therefore i was asking you that if you have tried or could you try or test it.i have read people giving satisfactory results after using that.I may only try after getting those glasses.Otherwise its no use.

quan chi said:
Actually i was asking you because you have those glasses i dont have those glasses yet.Therefore i was asking you that if you have tried or could you try or test it.i have read people giving satisfactory results after using that.I may only try after getting those glasses.Otherwise its no use.

What GPU do you have? If you have an nvidia GPU you could try the drivers. Those glasses are sold cheap; those paper glasses are even cheaper. :p There was an offer last week and I had got it for 275 INR shipped.

However, I'll try the one you have posted when I find some time . :)

^^lol i posted that link because we both are not on nvidia.thats why that link.:D That is only for ati users. anyways thanks.

jojothedragon said:
@Gannu: Any idea if I'll be able to use one of those glasses like your with my Ati rig?

Sadly there are no official drivers from AMD for anaglyph 3D. It maybe possible with the iZ3D drivers QC posted. But the license to use the software needs to purchased it appears. It is a 30 day trial application.

Worth a try IMO. I'll do it when I find some spare time and report back.

Hmm. It'll drain 400 bucks outta my wallet with only a little chance of success. I'll have to think about it.

jojothedragon said:
Hmm. It'll drain 400 bucks outta my wallet with only a little chance of success. I'll have to think about it.

Want me to send my glasses? You can return it back (in proper shape ofc) once you are done with the demo. Order one if found satisfactory. Applies to QC as well.

/Too many OT posts. I guess I'll move this to a separate thread in Gfx section.

ms_mahu said:
Can't find GTX 460 in system requirements list. Any idea if it would be supported ?

GTX 460 definitely works with anaglyph 3D glasses. This is the card I have, and it even works quite well with the cheap red/blue glasses you get with some 3D comics :) I have ordered a pair of "proper" red/cyan glasses from ebay to see if it makes a difference. The cheap 3D comic glasses are not perfect, but the 3D effect is quite mind blowing if you've never seen it before. The best example I've seen is when you parachute off a height in Just Cause 2, the parachute strings appear to come right out of the screen towards your face. And like I said, this was with the cheap comic glasses!

Received and tested.AWESOME!!!
I tested the game in my siggy.The ironsight of your weapon and the rocket launcher(when you reload it)Looks awesome!! When you aim (zoom) the gun specially your handgun it is just amazing.
Though setting up iz3d is a bit tricky i am still trying.Though some color alteration occurs i mean when you get hit the directional pointer originally red shows in black.I will try to put up more details later.

Last month i had opened a querry for buying a graphic card......

http://www.techenclave.com/graphic-cards/graphic-card-suggestions-198855.html

but when i said steroscopic 3d...............every one in the community bullied me saying i ll need a 3d capable monitor for playing games in 3d.

Guys trust me you need to experience it to belive it.

you dont need any special hardware...just a nvidia graphic card....above 8600 is enough to truly experience steroscopic 3d.

I truly think you can experience 3d even on crt monitors(i may be wrong on this)

And I know many of you will still think i am joing........its becouse i too thought my friend was joking until he actually showed me this kind of 3d on his PC

Truly........you will need to see it with your own eyes to believe it.

And if any of you need more information on How to set up steroscopic Just let me know......I will help you configuring your steroscopic 3d- step by step

Back