not able to connect xbox slim to lcd monitor

nikhilmugali

Disciple
hello everyone
i have xbox 360 slim 4gb .recently i ordered a hdmi to dvi-d cable frm ebay.in
i saw some videos on youtube and tried connecting my xbox to lcd monitor but its not getting connected i only get the black screen and screen says will go in power mode
i have a 20inch dell 2030inm lcd monitor.
im attching pic of the ports my lcd is having and also the hdmi to dvi cable
plz help me guys

i removed the white plug frm behind the lcd and inserted the dvi cable and still nt coming on lcd.im not getting any sort of video :(
2iuyopj.jpg

1zfrfc2.jpg

no i dont have.

---------- Post added at 06:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:25 PM ----------

well i want to say one thing i have a hdmi to dvi converter as well in which i have to attach hdmi cable both side one in the xbox and one hdmi side into the dvi converter.

i tried that also but i dint worked same black screen

Try resetting the video settings:

To reset the display settings of the Xbox 360 console to the default settings, follow these steps:
1. Remove any discs from the disc tray.
2. Turn the console off.
3. Turn the console on.

Note: If you are using an Xbox 360 Wireless Controller, turn the console on by using the Xbox Guide button on the controller. Make sure that you use the player 1 controller when you do this. The player 1 controller will have the upper-left quadrant light illuminated.

4. As the console starts, press and hold the Y button, and then pull the right trigger at the same time.
5. The Xbox Dashboard resets the display settings to the default settings, and then automatically restarts the console.

Make sure all the cables are properly plugged in and also try to detach every cable connected to the console and re-attach them.

i tried and it started woopieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
now comes the worst p;art no audio i bough 3.5mm jack but it has 2 yellows pin holes and im not able to get voice.i think i need a red and white pin hole rca jack..correct me if i am wrong

You will need this:

44718444.jpg

It's called a 3.5mm Stereo Female to 2 RCA Female splitter cable. You need to connect the composite cable plug into your 360 and the audio ends into this splitter and route it via the 3.55mm plug to your headphones/speakers.

yep i bought a splitter cabe and atcahed composie cable as weel but getting no audio

the colour of the the ends in which i insert my red and white wire from compiste is yellow i think i neeed a red and white spliter cable..

ethan u know ny place in mumbai where i can get it,

i tried all over miraroad(where i live) but couldnt find it.. all i am getting is the yellow and also faltu ki advise from those shopkeepers :p

---------- Post added at 11:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:44 AM ----------

dinjo can u tell me where can i get the cable locally as ur frm mumbai too.
the cable which which ethan posted

---------- Post added at 12:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:49 AM ----------

2Rca Female to 3.5mm 3.5 Stereo mp3 mp4 audio to Tv DVD Cable Type | eBay

i hope this will also work.

plz tell me ny local shop in mumbai where i can get this or i need to order frm ebay.in and is this the right cable ?????

I had purchased mine from an Electronic store in Borivali. Show them this image if you have to. It should cost you around 50 bucks or so.

i even did the same thing saved the adpater pic in my cell and will show to guy in the computer shop .
and ethan which electronic store in borivali it would be helpful

I'm afraid, I don't know the name of the store, Nikhil. It's been almost 3 years since I visited that place. I'm pretty sure it was close to Indraprastha shopping center.

Back