Nokia to Launch 10.1’’ Windows RT Tablet

The Knight

Knight is coming
Adept
Nokia is reportedly gearing up for the launch of a 10.1-inch tablet PC that will rival Microsoft’s own Surface slate.

In fact, the company is said to plan packing the device with a cover similar to the one Microsoft used for Surface, and to include HDMI and USB ports on it.

The cover will include not only a keyboard, two USB ports and a kickstand for the tablet, but also a battery that will further extend the usage time of the device.

Also featuring cellular connectivity inside, the device is expected to make an official debut at AT&T in the United States, The Verge reports.

Nokia’s Windows RT tablet PC is expected to boast a 10-hour capacity. Apparently, the handset vendor is planning to manufacture only a small number of this device, but is also looking at the launch of a Windows 8-based slate at a later date.
Nokia to Launch 10.1" Windows RT Tablet with Surface-Like Cover

Nokia had done a huge mistake by not opting for Android OS & deciding upon not-ditching Symbian 4 years back !!

Now again opting for Windows RT for tablet will be an epic fail for them(after opting for Windows 7.8 & 8 in mobile platform).

Days are not far when Nokia will be doomed !!

this excites me,a nokia branded tablet(seems very unorthodox,doesn't it?) seems very classy and perfect-like to me....i think the forthcoming win 8 tablet will be the real winner for nokia(at least i would like to buy it).i dislike the notion of nokia being doomed or becoming doomed..i would like it to flourish,not because i am a fanboy,but because i really like what the company does.(or did).although,yeah,i do think they should have also hopped on the android bandwagon,with their creativity and mass appeal?they would have at least been a very strong contender for the top spot in sales(an android based lumia series with robust hw=samsung shitting their pants),but i am afraid it's too late for them now...they are letting themselves go down in the public's eye and that's the worst thing a company needs.

^^ They were doomed the moment they made it clear that they are no longer giving importance to Symbian. How can any company that cannot even polish a mature, well established and feature rich OS be expected to succeed with any other OS (be it android or WP7).

^^ There was only so much they could do with the polishing part and they did do a good enough job with the later iterations of Symbian. But there was very little that they could do to make the Symbian ecosystem more appealing. Heck, even lower end Symbian phones are being edged out by woefully inadequate Android phones. Dropping Symbian was inevitable and at the same time i would not deny that i would have loved to see Nokia dabble with Android (being a former Symbian v60 user i do feel more at home on Android than other smartphone OSes). As for Windows Phone, may be they could have gone the Samsung and HTC way.

Back