Budget 10-15K nokia lumia 720 or gionee E3

ravin

Disciple
please suggest which one should i buy in terms of build and camera; LUMIA 720 or GIONEE E3 ?
i will be using the phone only for messaging and clicking pictures and occasional music through earphones, no gaming whatsoever so please don't suggest moto g since i don't like its camera
i am leaning towards Gionee E3 because of it looks & supposedly better camera? but Lumia 720 is more compact and suitable to me as i have very small hands, i prefer the smaller form factor of 4.2' over 4.7' display.
also i've read on some reviews that some Gionee E3 has a freezing problem?
i really don't care about dual core quad core and all those RAM crap as i will be using it entirely for messaging,calls and pictures.

Just a word of caution my wife's 720 screen has broken falling from less than foot height .
Only the Digitizer(outer glass) was broken not actual display .
Nokia Care asked about 9K to replace it (Screen + digitizer) , have given it to local mobile shop .
He claims he has received lot of 720 with broken screen's but he did receive any other Lumia's so far.
As a matter of fact 720 has Gorilla glass.

P.S - Even if the outer glass breaks the screen aslso needs to be change.
But for 820 the digitizer is available seperatly.

Just a word of caution my wife's 720 screen has broken falling from less than foot height .
Nokia Care asked about 9K to replace it (Screen + digitizer) , have given it to local mobile shop .
He claims he has received lot of 720 with broken screen's but he did receive any other Lumia's so far.

Need to put that bumper case i guess.

If the requirement of camera is to share clicked pictures quickly in facebook only, Lumia 720 should serve the purpose - nothing more than that. The phone overly processes the pictures to overcome the shortcoming of sensor. However, following points may be considered while making a decision:

1. Lumia screen does not have HD resolution.
2. Gionee has only 1800 mAh battery and runs on Android. Hence it would be hard to survive a full day on a single charge if clicking pictures is a priority. But Lumia will easily complete one day.
3. Transferring music files into Lumia is bit cumbersome (specially in Ubuntu). Audio quality is nothing to write home about.
4. Lumia is very easy in hand as compared to bigger android (4.3" size is just perfect).

i went to the local dealer today and he warned me about the screen of 720 as well
which makes me kind of worried about getting the 720 now

If the requirement of camera is to share clicked pictures quickly in facebook only, Lumia 720 should serve the purpose - nothing more than that. The phone overly processes the pictures to overcome the shortcoming of sensor. However, following points may be considered while making a decision:

1. Lumia screen does not have HD resolution.
2. Gionee has only 1800 mAh battery and runs on Android. Hence it would be hard to survive a full day on a single charge if clicking pictures is a priority. But Lumia will easily complete one day.
3. Transferring music files into Lumia is bit cumbersome (specially in Ubuntu). Audio quality is nothing to write home about.
4. Lumia is very easy in hand as compared to bigger android (4.3" size is just perfect).

I won't be using the camera that much also, just occasionally. But it needs to be good. I did some research on Gionee E3 and it seems like there are lots of issues with the phone and freezing very often. Also i'm not exactly a fan of large/bulky smartphones. Whatever happened to those phones that fit comfortably in your pocket and hand :< I guess i'm gonna have to stick to my iphone 4 for now :c (i just hate itunes so badly otherwise cool) or
if there are other suggestions with cam atleast as good as the iphone 4/4s with similar form (3.5" - 4") do let me know.

Close your eyes and buy a lumia 720. T
You are covered for most major updates with 720. The Camera is just pure awesome on the 720. If you want i can upload a few pics for you that i have taken with my brother's xperia S and with my 720.( the XS has a 12 mp camera with Exmor R sensor)

WP8 is a breeze and it is awesome for a daily driver phone's OS. I have switched from Android to WP8 and i dont think i miss anything from Android ( maybe cause i am using a Tab 3 8 T311 with CM11 :p )

Back