Nokia Lumia 620 Now on Pre-Order in India at Rs 15,199

Ohh I take back my word "Flop OS" ... Still very Firm on not buying this phone considering current trends.

When there was a mention of Zune in that post, I understood she (or he) hasn't probably used the device.

And this is the best part:

I left it there. Ignorance at its best!
You ignored because of the facts and numbers. :). If possible do check the popularity of OS .
I agree that trend can change in years. Seriously are you going to buy a phone hoping it will be the Best After a year and so.. For time being i prefer IOS/Android :)

You ignored because of the facts and numbers. :). If possible do check the popularity of OS .
I agree that trend can change in years. Seriously are you going to buy a phone hoping it will be the Best After a year and so.. For time being i prefer IOS/Android :)

I am well aware of the popularity of the OS, the facts and numbers. I have been using a 920 since mid-Jan. I do not buy a device hoping it will be the best after a specific time period - I am not sure what logic is that! If it suits my tastes, falls within my budget and I am content with the features offered, I do not look any further. I was an iPhone user before so I know where WP8 stands in comparison to iOS.

Please do not double post on the forums. Edit the previous post and add whatever you intend to.

Windows phone 7.5 had lots of drawbacks but i think WP8 is good and the devices are offering great VFM for the price.. i am tempted to get a 620 just for trying the OS ..

^^ Exactly!

WP8 is a game changer in that sense. Most of what was wrong/unpopular with 7.5 has been/will be addressed by WP8 and its future updates. Besides not being able to change much on the Metro UI front, i can't really find too many faults with WP8.

Android phones are not very efficient IMO, the OS is very flaky. The phones need stellar specs to run smoothly, and the mid-range phones are pathetic, but the customers have had no choice in that market-segment (mid-range smartphone, with major apps) as of now. With Nokia releasing the Lumia 620, and also outing the 720 and 520 in the future soon, they can infiltrate that market and capture much needed breathing space.

Nokia has done their job well, now it's time for Microsoft to rise to the occasion.

Androids are not efficient ..common in what terms you are saying it an inefficient os.
The h/w requirements you are talking about is complete bullshit and mid range android can get you quad core devices now days. Users have largest choices in mid range segment,much larger than any other platform till date.

Agreed on the second part M$ is not backing up the platform as google did.
Nokia has already done enough on it's own by giving stellar navigation,music services and not to forget one of the best smartphone camera.

Android is resource hungry and it cannot be denied. A simple comparison of phones with Symbian, Android, iOS and WP running on 256MB of RAM and with say a 1GHz or lower processor should be a fair enough test to prove this.

@Nalin

Android is really not that efficient compared to iOS and WP8. There are it's advantages (and a hell lot of them), but it requires a hell lot of specs to run smoothly. Just pickup any phone below 15k and experience it, there is noticeable lag (although it's improving with updates). And the battery efficiency is also not that great, it requires a giant-ass phone to power it through the day, on small phones you can really see the difference.

You say that h/w requirements are bullshit, and then go on to say that you can get quad-core in mid-range? Which one is it? Decide first.

By writing Microsoft as M$, you are just making a fool out of yourself. Even Google is in it for the money, but in their case we're the product. They make a profile of us and sell it to the advertisers, while MS believes in selling the software directly.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Nalin

Android is really not that efficient compared to iOS and WP8. There are it's advantages (and a hell lot of them), but it requires a hell lot of specs to run smoothly. Just pickup any phone below 15k and experience it, there is noticeable lag (although it's improving with updates). And the battery efficiency is also not that great, it requires a giant-ass phone to power it through the day, on small phones you can really see the difference.

You say that h/w requirements are bullshit, and then go on to say that you can get quad-core in mid-range? Which one is it? Decide first.

By writing Microsoft as M$, you are just making a fool out of yourself. Even Google is in it for the money, but in their case we're the product. They make a profile of us and sell it to the advertisers, while MS believes in selling the software directly.

First thing i want to say that different people want different things from an OS, forget the specs needed to run it or lag or battery backup which you are talking.

How many sub 15k WP8 devices you have tried by yourself to even say that they are way more efficient than droid in that range,you know all smartphones batteries last a day or two for a maximum.
I didn't got your point on h/w requirements or you don't like quad core or what o_O

Microsoft limits the f*ck out of user ability. They ALWAYS try to control everything out of their software.

Strict Eco system,
No customizability.
Non-Modular OS,
Limit selection,
No true Multi-tasking...I can keep writing but the fanboyism on this thread is too damn high

I like WP as an alternative to iOS as they are both quite similar but to say its better than Android? this is just....meh

First thing i want to say that different people want different things from an OS, forget the specs needed to run it or lag or battery backup which you are talking.

Battery backup and lag are a major concern. However, specs are not.

How many sub 15k WP8 devices you have tried by yourself to even say that they are way more efficient than droid in that range,you know all smartphones batteries last a day or two for a maximum.

Lumia 510, Lumia 610, Lumia 710(my phone, but my sister uses it), Lumia 620(briefly). And numerous Android devices, and iPhone 4. Haven't got any rich friend who's got newer Apple models.

Microsoft limits the f*ck out of user ability. They ALWAYS try to control everything out of their software.

And Microsoft doesn't limit the *whatever* out of user ability, they are after all the major supplier of enterprise software. You can write a program for Windows OSs right from XP to 8, and they will still run on a variety of hardware. There are no restrictions as far as developers are concerned.

Of course they try to control their software, that's their source of income. There's another debate here of open-source vs. proprietary software, but that's another discussion altogether.

Strict Eco system,
No customizability.
Non-Modular OS,
Limit selection,
No true Multi-tasking...I can keep writing but the fanboyism on this thread is too damn high

1. True, but that doesn't make my argument any less valid. So are a majority of games which are made for Windows, or PS3 games for, well, PS3 etc...
2. The customization features are in between Android and iOS. You can't just say 'NO customizability'.
3. What does that even mean?
4. The numbers of apps are limited, yes, but every major app is available - which will cater to a majority of users.
5. I agree, as of now only first-party apps support multi-tasking. Third-party developers have the option to add 'fast-resume', not true MT though.

My argument was against Android's efficiency and then you went ahead and introduced other arguments non-related to it. I did say that Android has a 'hell lot of advantages', especially if the user knows how to make use of them.

Fanboyism is too high in this thread? Above 9000? You have a scouter with you?

Are you a M$ employee ? fanboy!

If not then why on earth you are hell bent on justifying whatever they are doing and if you agree with the facts i mentioned then what more you are trying to prove..
All the phones you tried are running on WP 7.5 i guess but really you still think that they are better than android counterparts with all the limitations that platform has...insane :dead:

I am sorry to say but you are living in a parallel world created by M$

@Nalin

You asked me for any sub 15k WP devices I've tried out, and I answered you that. Then you go on to to say that I've tried out only WP 7.5. There is only one sub 15k WP8 device and I've tried that. You keep jumping around different arguments and then blame me to be hell-bent on justifying myself. The so called facts you mentioned were addressed by me in the previous posts itself. I'm not supporting either OS unconditionally, just stating their merits.

In sub 15k range, the Lumia 620 does offer better features and experience for the average user than the Android counterparts. Again, that doesn't mean I'm dismissing Android completely, it has its own list of merits. The world is not just Black&White.

The above post justified what i am trying to say in my previous post which i need not call again..

Those are not so called facts, try to see the world with different eyes !

As far as Performance is concern Android does more multitasking .Battery life is directly proportional to amount of work going foreground/background.
Think it as you are owning two Horses .One is running on racecourse and another one is entertaining Kids on Juhu beach...

Which one you think need more energy? ;)

I think Os like Symbian/Android are usually for those who love doing experiment with their gadgets(Geeky kind ). For rest of the people IOS/WP8 are best alternative.

I feel sad when my friend ask if she can install the game/app i m play on my droid . Most of the time i have to reply with "Wait till they release it for your OS" .She think i m trying to be Smart ;) ..... Cant help ..

Back