Nokia Lumia 520 @ 6.7k - Amazon

I bought black 520 yesterday for 6.7k , it was available for around 15 minutes , today white & Red were available for 6.7k for short periods then goes back to 8k +

Bumping this thread.

I have a At&T Gophone 520 with me now. in US. Trying to put a Indian sim and turning it on.

It gives a message like this sim can only be used with certain networks and contact customer care for some code and a keypad under it.
Please help.

@logistopath ??? Any other buyers??

I checked a site and they are quoting 20USD[DOUBLEPOST=1383744109][/DOUBLEPOST]No reply from anyone???

Sad.

Last edited:
Sorry for the very late bump guys, but is this still a good deal?

It's $70 now. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00E45043A/

Any other good alternatives either in wp8 or android?

And how many people in total have received this phone from amazon US ?

And successfully unlocked and using it in india? Also want to confirm It uses a uSIM and is the GSM version right?

@Julian

Don't buy that. It is AT&T locked and in most probability you won't be able to unlock. It s very difficult now to unlock AT&T devices. At least from what I have been reading. So better to buy some factory unlocked piece.

Others may correct me if I am wrong.

Cheers for the info raks. This seemed like a really good deal. Now i know why...

1k? I'm getting it for around 4.85k since i'm buying two...

Edit: screenshots
1.JPG 2.JPG

p.s. actually a friend is coming back from the US in a couple weeks time so it would work out to ~4.5k if he can bring it with him. He already has way too much stuff so i was thinking of just shipping it here since amazon has that option.

Last edited by a moderator:
1k? I'm getting it for around 4.85k since i'm buying two...

Edit: screenshots
View attachment 29695 View attachment 29696

p.s. actually a friend is coming back from the US in a couple weeks time so it would work out to ~4.5k if he can bring it with him. He already has way too much stuff so i was thinking of just shipping it here since amazon has that option.

But you need to spend around 1k for buying unlock code for this phone

But you need to spend around 1k for buying unlock code for this phone

Which is why this deal is a flop now. Like raks said, AT&T seems impossible to unlock without 6 months usage on their n/w.

Anyway, since this was supposed to be an on-the-side phone to go with my android, there's no way i'm spending more than 5k for this. For 7.5k I'd rather get another android.

^^LOL, 7.5k and an Android? And that too an on-the-side phone for another Android?
Didn't quite get what's so funny? There are perfectly usable android phones out there in the 5-10k range which work for calling and other basic tasks

^ I guess bilkbot was referring to general user experience of Android and not really pinpointing about your usage or performing basic tasks. With the Lumia 520, which is quite an all round phone, you can use WP8 to the max (well almost) with a near lag free experience. But with sub Rs. 10,000 Android, you really will be making compromises in a lot of departments.

I guess the Moto G will be the game changer for Android as far as low-end smartphones are concerned. But until then, it's not worth talking about.

When people say all round phone and lumia 520 in the same sentence, I'm assuming they mean calling/sms/whatsapp/facebook. So only the high-end androids above 30k are comparable eh? This reminds me of all the people suffering with lagging galaxy grands and would still refuse to believe that the canvas hd was the better buy...

When someone doesn't know why i'm buying this phone in the first place, why bother commenting with lol etc? The thread is about the lumia 520 from amazon at a specific price range.

p.s. the moto g seems decent for $180/200 but 8/16gb with non-expandable memory instantly strikes it off the list. And It's definitely not going to cost only 12k in india.

Back