Nokia Announces WP8 Lumia 920 , Comes With 4.5" Display, PureView, Wireless Charging

RoBoGhOsT

Perambulating
Skilled
Nokia has finally unveiled its new Lumia Windows Phone 8 based Lumia 920 .

lumia920.jpg

The phone is exactly as rumors and leaks suggested , it has 4.5 inch PureMotionHD+ display with curved glass . The processor is 1.5GHz dual-core Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Krait with Adreno 225 GPU .

The also has PureView brading , thanks to 8MP camera that has special image stabilization that Nokia calls "floating lens" and which can shift itself when clicking with shaky hands , thus more effective than convectional optical stabilization . Other camera features include Carl Zeiss optics , 1080p video capturing and LED flash .

It also has wireless charging capability using Qi standard , and it will be compatible with future accessories first of which is Fatboy wireless charging pillow . Its not yet confirmed that Nokia will include the wireless charging base in the retail bundle or it will be sold separately .

Other specs include 32GB internal memory without microSD slot , micro-SIM card slot , NFC ad LTE connectivity .

The phone will be launched in Glossy White , Yellow and Black colors . Pricing and availability is not yet announced .

Source

The hardware specs are mouthwatering and the colors and its finish look very well.
I am not a big fan of the wireless charger introduced.I am all for innovation and would love to see how it would help ease the consumer experience,but i just cant see it with the charging pad.The biggest thing which we look for is convenience ,and this looks like the least convenient.Firstly the sheer size of the pad means it is not as portable as the current wired one used by us.Also,if it is just to be rested on a dock,it doesn't serve much purpose as we have similar docks available in the market.

All in all i feel this looks like a fantastic device and if windows 8 becomes a hit then there is no stopping a successful product.The only thing i worry is the way nokia market this.I have never seen a company so inept and targeting markets efficiently as the current nokia corporates are doing it.If i wont be able to afford a iphone 5/new iphone,i would gladly make this my next phone if priced correctly.
Eagerly awaiting details on avaibility and pricing.

Not to mention lengthy delays from the time of announcement until actually available in a store near you :)

30k obviously, give or take 5 ;)

Like most Nokia phones this will be best to buy 6months after release. Should be 25k then hopefully.

Nokia should announce the exact date of availability, else it will lose the race - again! Saying, some time this year/Q4-2012 will not help! People will not wait, sadly, its not an iphone after all. On the contrary, Motorola's new phones have already opened up "Pre-orders" for their Razr models. Let's hope for Nokia's sake, they make it available soon with sane pricing. Sane = Lesser than an iphone!!

But, looking at the specs, design, colors etc, it can do well. Lets hope they don't screw up. Also, i read in some other blog that they are working on "integration" issues between WP8 and the hardware.

Not favoring iPhone but Nokia / Samsung should give concrete dates when they introduce the products. iPhone on the other hand announces a device one Day X and says that it is available for pre-order immediately and also has concrete date of actual availability. This will seriously work in favor of these companies.

If Lumia 920 is priced correctly, that great phone is mine. I am just hoping it will be available in market ASAP. Phone looks amazing and comes up with mouth watering specs. I have always been a fan of Nokia before. I hope they will come back in the market with this device. Enough Apple, Samsung sh*t :bleh:

Both phone hardware wise is aweaome,what sucks is window os in mobile,most people hate it,only handful of people like it....nokia has to consider another os beside window,most probably android to stay alive in this crowded market...

Both phone hardware wise is aweaome,what sucks is window os in mobile,most people hate it,only handful of people like it....nokia has to consider another os beside window,most probably android to stay alive in this crowded market...

That probably will never happen. It is this Windows Strategy or Bust for Nokia.

Back