CPU/Mobo NO POST,NO Display,..1 Long & 3 Short beeps...HELP !

Techie#1

Skilled
My PC got knocked out yesterday,..so asking for help/guidance in problem resolution from this helpful community.

My 7-8 years old machine/pc which mainly acts as my download rig(24x7) while running perfectly (No recent problem ) suddenly out of the blue, froze yesterday (No response from keyboard or the mouse) & I had to restart manually.( the System "Green" & HDD "Red" lights were still ON & all the C.P.U & G.P.U fans still running as before)

After first restart in safe mode,..the pc couldn't complete a POST & again froze in the middle thereafter i again did a manual restart,after which from this second restart onwards,the problem worsened all the more....No POST,NO Display, with 1 Long & 3 Short beeps.(though fans & led lights ran normally)

A quick Google search told me..1 Long & 3 Short beep code with NO POST,NO Display signified a problem with either the System memory or the graphics card.As such i did a single sole ram stick test in all of the ram slots(got 4 of them),reseated them properly (with all of the 3 ram sticks i got) "individually" .Also i took out the graphics card from the slot,restarted the p.c ,also put the graphics card in the secondary PCI-E slot(system has sli mobo)..all these in vain, with 1 Long & 3 Short beeps continuing as before. I also cleared the CMOS (putting out the battery) & adjusting the jumper pins on the mobo but even all these didn't help.I did all the settings change when i detached the power cable from the psu. so i think i took the precaution overall.The situation as of now is same as before with with 1 Long & 3 Short beeps still continuing & i am quite clueless of what to do next?

From these observation i have a proposition which however seems (maybe) valid,but i'm not 100% sure off:

1) Since i have got 3 sticks of memory,isn't it highly improbable that all of them went bad alltogether all of a sudden (& changing/swapping the memory sticks & the different memory slots) doesn't yield different beep,...except only when i take out all the ram sticks from the system ,there is a different single long beep & 2 short beeps...which only points out that there isn't anything wrong with the the memory Ram's,but problem lies somewhere else. (Having even a single memory stick in one of the slot & NOT having any of them makes a difference in the beep codes)

2) Starting off with the main symptom that there is No "display"(nothing on my monitor..no post, nothing) except the beeps as i described before & it makes Absolutely No difference in the beep codes if i have the graphics card on either of the PCI-E slots or take it out alltogether from the system.(1 long & 3 short beeps as before with or without the graphics card installed in my system)...isn't it pretty obvious that the video/graphics card is the culprit here(the system simply cannot detect the graphics card as it had malfunctioned or is damaged,vram or other knocked out there)...& is therfore there is No display to begin with & post cannot start or complete)?

The problem to my proposition is that i cant be dead sure without a new set of DDR1 Rams or even a old Perfectly working Graphics card compatible with my ancient rig , which is as below:
My Ancient Rig :
untitledttt-101900.jpg

*P.S.U = Corsair VX550W.

As such without any other way of ascertaining my proposition,i seek your help,those experienced & helpful enough.

So what do you guys think of , assess my situation & advise me to do next?
**Is there any current gen(low end cheap as possible) graphics card that would be compatible & work good with my above system(as a stop gap arrangement untill i get my next gen latest pc)?

All Helpful replies Very Much welcome!

Your system does have a PCI-E port so you can put cards like 8400GS which might cost you cheap. You might need to check your RAM sticks on some other PC to make sure they are not the culprit.

thanks..but finding other old system that still runs on DDR1 run is quite a feat nowdays...& all my friends have upgraded their pc to the latest system.Similarly finding other old gfx card like 8400GS will be equally difficult i presume ...maybe i would have to take it to some computer shop finally to confirm what's actually wrong in the system to help my frustration to resolve the issue here!

You can open up a thread here and ask for someone to lend you from your city. I m sure there will be pals with those type of systems.

been a long time back n dont know if i remember correctly , the one long and 3 short beeps came with display card / video problems
you should check you video card first before anything else

Back