Budget Above 25K Nexus 5 or Iphone 5

Charun

Skilled
1. Budget?
A: 25k and if i need to stretch then as low as possible
2. Preferred Form Factor(flip, bar, slider)?
A: Bar
3. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them.
A: Want to buy only Nexus or Iphone
4. Preferred input method (Touchscreen, QWERTY, etc.)?
A: Touchscreen
5. Camera required or not? If required, please specify type like front camera/flash/etc.
A: Required a 8MP camera. Flash.
6. Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc).
A: Android - I have never used Android personaly
B: IOS - I have used IOS 6 and 7 for a year
7. Preferred connectivity options? (3G, Wifi, Edge etc).
A: 3G.WIFI
8. What is your intended use for this phone(internet, camera, multimedia, mails, etc)?
A: Movies, Gaming, Apps, Music, Internet, Camera
9. If you have already considered a phone then please mention the model.
A: LG Nexus 5 or Iphone 5

Please suggest me which one to go for ?
Nexus 5 has the vanilla android experience and is the choice of almost everyone at the moment whereas Iphone 5 though discontinued has the premium Apple feel and ios experience

As mentioned earlier i have never personally used Android
Devices i have used till now - Nokia N73, Samsung Omnia HD (both symbian) Ipad Mini (IOS)

If u can stretch a little then u can only get Nexus 5. BTW its a great device for the price. If u r looking for iPhone 5 [only eBay has imported factory unlocked - Not recommended] not possible, so 5c is available for ~37k. So IMO get Nexus 5 u ll not regret

In 25k you will get iPhone 5 used one only. If you are/were comfortable with 'restrictions' of iOS, then it makes sense to get iPhone 5. OTOH Nexus 5 is sheer raw horsepower in comparatively cheaper price tag. It will have wide community support and instant Google updates. Apart from nature of OS it also depends on priority among screen size, camera quality. I would suggest not to compare 'paper' specs of both the phones as OS on both of them is different and is intended to run differently on particular hardware based on optimizations.

@amjath - I am ok with stretching my budget a little, maybe till 30k or max 33k if i get a nexus 5 32gb, the doubt is still intact between iphone 5 or nexus 5 though i am more inclined towards nexus 5 > now what to get in nexus 5 ? 16gb or 32gb

@vyral_143 - Thanks for the suggestion, see i am going to use my phone basically for movie and gaming and internet and less of phone calls, and regarding ios thing and iphone - i am used to with the 'restrictions' of ios and i am ok with getting a used iphone 5. Also i have never used android and some of my friends who use nexus 4 and other android phones told me to stay away from android which made me more confused.

If you can, do get demo of both the phones. It should clear some air. Another point is whichever phone you buy out of these two get atleast 32GB memory - as per your usage mentioned in above post.

Yes as vyral said get a 32gig version. Local retailers in chennai like univercell, sangeetha mobiles, poorvika mobiles dont have iphone 5, so its not possible to get it with warranty. so settle with nexus 5 32gig :)

Idea of USB OTG is good for movies. However it also depends on your convenience. E.g. When I travel in Mumbai local train I see many people watching videos on their cellphones even during peak hours when they travel standing in crowd with getting a dhakka every other minute. In such situation it will not be convenient.

Last edited:
Idea of USB OTG is good for movies. However it also depends on your convenience. E.g. When I travel in Mumbai local train I see many people watching videos on their cellphones even during peak hours when they travel standing in crowd with getting a dhakka every other minute. In such situation it will mot be convenient.

I am used to the dhakka what you are talkng about except i catch a return train,so what you said is fine with me,any idea how much will a USB On The Go cable cost me,almost decided on nexus 5 16gb

Back