Budget Above 25K Nexus 5 + Few queries

I am planning to buy a nexus 5 from USA. But there are few questions which are resisting to get it.

1. Is the phone sturdy enough to buy it on risk of warranty?
2. The most important thing, rumours are google is discont. their nexus series from 2015. That means no "first" updates, No proper spare support?
3. G2 Vs. Nexus 5 . I can buy G2 also from India but i a doubt about the android experience and future updates for the device. Secondly i dont know the quality and will it be a +1 buy than nexus 5 because i am spending 7-8k more here for it.

Please Help..

1) The phone is sturdy enough to buy it on risk of warranty
2) I dont see this as a confusion in buying nexus 5, even if they discontinue they will provide support for 18months atleast i guess, and also nothing is confirmed about google discontinuing their nexus line
3) The software updates in G2 might be an issue but it is anytime better than nexus 5 in all other aspects i think

Also personally the battery of nexus 5 is too bad,IMHO the phone is too good except the big battery issue which i personally consider a very important thing while buying a phone
So, it depends on your personal choice, your wants,etc :)

1. No idea, haven't used one personally.
2. No way this is happening. Sundar Pichai already confirmed another Nexus device. A Nexus 5 will get software updates for at least another 2 years IMO. Even otherwise, there will be plenty of third party developer options if you're willing to go that route.
3. The G2's UI looks horrid IMO. Stock KitKat on N5 is far better looking and works really well. On the other hand, the G2's battery life is light years ahead of the Nexus 5. There's no comparison. If battery life is very important to you, go with the G2. That being said, the Nexus 5's battery isn't really that bad at all. I've seen far worse. You should be able to get through a day comfortably unless you're playing heavy games constantly. Even my Nexus 4 which has a worse battery lasts a day with moderate usage.

If you can buy the G2 from India with warranty. just get that. Only advantage of a N5 here is the AOSP.

But you are buying an android phone. root it and put whatever you need. So get the best hardware. N5 is no slouch though. But between N5 vs G2, pick G2.

Back