Nexus 4 official: Android 4.2, Snapdragon S4 Pro, 4.7-inch 1280 x 768 display

Discussion in 'Latest Technology News' started by honest1, Oct 29, 2012.

1. votepradeep

votepradeep Upgraded User

2. manu1991

manu1991 Barely Alive

No. you didn't get my point. the 8GB version is most probably subsidized, with Google hoping to earn profits through content sales etc. so at least on the 16gig version they hope to reduce the subsidy a bit or at least breakeven. people with 16 gigs on their phone are less likely to buy content as they have more content stored locally so lesser expected revenue through play store sales etc. from these guys. This is what the difference between 50$ and the price of 8GB flash storage is for.

Not really. Ask him to declare it to be safe. Customs on phones is just 2%. you'd have to pay around ~350Rs. on the 16gig version.
    1 person likes this.
  3. sasikanth8

sasikanth8 Privileged Users

4. madhukannan

madhukannan Privileged Users

5. tufel

tufel Privileged Users

6. Maestro

Maestro Privileged Users

7. kippu

kippu Privileged Users

it will hover around 30k mark in india
  8. axis.meister

axis.meister Upgraded User

9. ultra vires

ultra vires Privileged Users

They have a valid point for the rear glass issue but everything apart from that is pure rubbish.
  10. axis.meister

How so? Don't you think the Antenna and Impact zone issue is valid? I know from my brother's O2X about antenna issues with LG, he has to keep folder paper under his O2X's back cover to avoid frequent loss of signal.
  11. Faraz

Faraz Privileged Users

I have owned the o2x and never faced any such issue.
  12. axis.meister

Well, then lets just hope the reviewers at XDA are complete noobs and that the Nexus 4 BQ is not an issue.

I thought the issues that are highlighted in the XDA article are valid but I hope LG has addressed them, because I am also in the market for a new phone and at that price point Nexus 4 is lucrative.
  13. montsa007

montsa007 Privileged Users

LG phones are always cheap & choppy (Sorry LG Fanboys, love it or hate it but thats the reality).
    The main cons of this phone are
    -LG, yep the brand has a very poor rep (atleast in India, combine it with a horrible resale value and you have a recipe of destruction!
    -Non removeable battery (Altough its a trend lately, but the battery will die someday or the other)
    -Chiclet style design (The flashy back panel :lol:)

Altough its priced very effectively in the USA, the price in India will be high (for sure) and am not sure if they have any plans to launch it in India?

And yeah, the guy who asked about warranty [MENTION=40260]sasikanth8[/MENTION], am pretty damn sure it'll be valid in USA and not over here. besides 10th december delivery time sucks.