Nexus 4 official: Android 4.2, Snapdragon S4 Pro, 4.7-inch 1280 x 768 display

I've said before, the only wait to beat Apple is make something twice as good for half the price. Google and LG might well have gone out and done it...

It is between this and HTC 8X for me. All things equal 8X is more appealing to me, but the value for money on Nexus 4 is incredible, no smartphone buyer can ignore.

Getting this one as soon as available. Rumors that the phone might hit Indian shores by Nov end.
Google is considering India as a major market for ad revenues. So this phone is ideal for our market. They have adapted Amazon model of no profit/ little profit on h/w and generating ad revenue. Waiting for Nexus 4 with official Indian warranty for < 20k.

India has always been a prepaid unlocked phone market and milking 34k for a flagship phone is easy then why would LG disrupt the market with US like pricing. What is LG's incentive here, is google going to share the ad revenue with them?

I'm skeptical about Nexus 4, 7 and 10's availability in india.

I think I will upgrade my galaxy nexus to the Nexus 4. How much a 4 month old Nexus bought from play store (valid 8 month US warranty
tongue.gif
) would go for?

Will wait for a year for a refresh with 16 / 32 GB configs for $299 / $349 price tags.

Makes sense to get such a device. Set for 3 years.

- - - Updated - - -

Will wait for a year for a refresh with 16 / 32 GB configs for $299 / $349 price tags.

Makes sense to get such a device. Set for 3 years.

will get the 32gb version. But hope its not officially launched in India. Else it will be priced atleast 30k darn sure.

And also hope its as robust and good built as the current nexus. I love it.

This is one phone that I wish to buy the day its launched. Mainly because of the pricing. More or less the Nov End period is settled for India launch but the pricing should be in line with Rest of the World. If all of this happen then LG is gonna rake in the moolah.

India has always been a prepaid unlocked phone market and milking 34k for a flagship phone is easy then why would LG disrupt the market with US like pricing. What is LG's incentive here, is google going to share the ad revenue with them?

I'm skeptical about Nexus 4, 7 and 10's availability in india.

With GEB around offering phones at decent rates that would not serve any purpose. TThe GNex costs $350 in google play store and @ exchange rate of ~Rs.53 that is around 18.5k.
The GEB and the normal India ebay had the phone listed for ~21k to 22k and with coupons one can get it for ~20k (So the exchange rate of around ~Rs.60 and down to ~Rs.57 with coupons)

So these Nexus 4 handsets should be available without warranty for ~18-19k for the $299 version and ~21k-22k for the $349 version through ebay india or GEB. So if they dont launch it people who are ok with a phone with no warranty are not affected that much.

Google can sell the phones directly through Indian Google play store. Recently they started payments in Indian currency. So this is also a possibility.

The phone always costs $349 plus taxes plis shipping charges. The prices at GEB and local eBay were 20-21k just recently, because the Nexus was nearing it's end and thus could be had for less from different sources.
Same can't be said about a newly launched phone.

Most probably the price will be between 25 -30K in india , i will stand/sleep in Que in front of the LG/Google store just like the iPhone fan boys if nexus4 is released at the US price in india :)

With GEB around offering phones at decent rates that would not serve any purpose. TThe GNex costs $350 in google play store and @ exchange rate of ~Rs.53 that is around 18.5k.

Ummm..no..As someone already mentioned, the $349 will be $349 + taxes + shipping which will come close to $380-$400 range.

That would probably be for the 8gb version.

25k for the 8gb version would really suck! LG has a chance here to really rake in the moolah if they release it on par with US/Google pricing. Hope they take it. Even a 1-2k premium would be ok considering that it will have warranty.

Back