Monitors New monitor: Dell s2340L vs AOCi2369VM

akashk

Disciple
Hey Guys,

I need help deciding between Dell s2340L and AOCi2369VM. Dell is available for Rs 12,800 and AOC for Rs 11,500. The dealer says its the same model but I'm not too sure because I feel price too low for a retailer even though its a fairly new product.

I am replacing my home Dell ST220L.

Reason for replacing:
I need a monitor at office and feel that ST220L is good for office use. I bought it with my gaming rig because of all the good reviews, but I was not too happy with the video/gaming quality. The colors feel slightly washed out and graphics feel dumbed down. All in all it's not as vibrant or alive feeling as I was expecting, especially at video resolutions lower than 720p. I thought it maybe because of display size and view distance, but I recently tried connecting my pc to a Samsung 22 Inch led tv and it gave much better results in the same distance (although text was slightly compromised). The matte finish also gives a slightly faded feel which is made up with the exessive brightness.

So overall, I want a better display technology with a slightly bigger size for gaming and multimedia. I feel the existing monitor does not do justice to my gpu (gtx 660ti) and the media that I watch (mostly movies or tv shows 480p-720p). My budget is between 11-14k and I'm open to other suggestions if any and I can also wait if any good launches are coming up.

Dell s2340L
Pros:

Tried and tested.
Reliability, design.
Good picture quality (tried it)
Cons:
Slightly more expensive
Slightly glossy.

AOCi2369VM
Pros:

Critically acclaimed.
New generation IPS technology.
Better picture quality and reproduction, but haven't tried it.
Cheaper.
More ports and connectivity options.
Cons:
Poor service. I tried the toll free number and distributors number many times and got no response.
Poor availability, not sure about reliability.
Haven't tried one, so maybe someone who has tried both can give a honest opinion ?

Help me decide, thanks !

Last edited:
If AOC isn't interested in getting your money (no one picks up your calls) why should you do them a favour and buy their stuff ? Get a DELL or some other brand instead.

If AOC isn't interested in getting your money (no one picks up your calls) why should you do them a favour and buy their stuff ? Get a DELL or some other brand instead.
You're right Brendon.

AOC's presence in India is very poor and the brand is entirely outsourced to some Indian company that's very unresponsive (I found out that they have a sister concern that sells their own re branded displays as well).

I ordered Dell S2340L from snapdeal because it was cheaper by Rs 1200.. and then I read about people regretting buying from Snapdeal. I've bought 3-4 things from them and delivery was always on time and well packed.. Hopefully things will be smooth !

Back