Budget 31-40k Need Suggestion for CPU/MB/RAM/Cabinet

kushall

Disciple
  1. What is your budget?
  2. What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)
    • GPU - ATI R9 280x*2 (Toxic and Dualx)
    • Monitor - Viewsonic 19"
    • PSU - Corsair AX860
  3. Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)
    • PSU - Corsair AX860
    • GPU - ATI R9 280x*2 (Toxic and Dualx)
    • Monitor - Viewsonic 19" (will switch to a 24" later)
    Was using the GFX cards to Scrypt mine.
  4. Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.
    • CPU - Intel I5 4670K
    • Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z87-D3HP?
    • RAM - Corsair Vengeance 8 GB
    • Cabinet - Please suggest a good cabinet that can take the 2 gfx cards
    • Please suggest a aftermarket cooler that does not take up ram space in the motherboard or a different board that can take that cooler.
  5. Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component
    • Yes, will upgrade the following within 2 months
    • Monitor - Viewsonic 19"
  6. Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
    • Bangalore
  7. Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market
    • Yes
  8. What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
    • Gaming
    • Browsing
    • Download rig, 24x7 operation
    • Watching HD movies
    • Scrypt Mining
  9. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
    • None
  10. If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
    • FPS - Battlefield 4
    • Mmorpg - Elder Scrolls Onlne
    • RPG - Dota 2
  11. What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage
Highest resolution possible? Please suggest me a good monitor that i'll buy later
  1. Are you looking to overclock?
    • Yes
  2. Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
    • Windows 7 64 bit
Since i will be scrypt mining 24/7 i would need a UPS too which i'll buy later. While Scrypt mining the GFX cards are running at full throttle so i would like a good spacious cabinet with good airflow within 6k.
Thanks for taking your time reading my requirements, thanks in advance for the suggestions.

• CPU - Intel I5 4670K-16000,
  • Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z87-D3H -9500,
  • RAM - Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1600Mhz -5800,
  • Cabinet - Corsair SPEC-03 -4800,
  • Cooler - Coolermaster Hyper 212 EVO -2700.
  • TOTAL -38800.

Thanks for the suggestions guys, i will be buying them at the end of this month, did a lot of OT :p
Will update after i play BF4 at ultra settings, looking forward to it. :)

Hi Guys, I finally bought these components.

Intel Xeon 1230 v3 - 16800
Ga z87 D3HP - 11000
Corsair Vengeance - 5500
NZXT Phantom 410 - 6000

The crossfire setup with 2 R9 280x's is heating up the GPUs and the ATI drivers crash after a while of multiplayer in BF4. Got to get some more fans in. Will update the temps and the FPS once i get back home. Cheers :)

Plz let me know what are then temperature :) need to know it :-D as I have same cabby ! Plz did the cards fitted well without removing the hdd tray ?

Hi, the Toxic edition was a tight fit with the HDD bay so had to remove it for more air flow, the GPU temps are 80 degrees and 74 degrees at full load for both the cards. CPU runs at around 70 degrees at full load. Re-installed the AMD drivers with the latest beta and reduced 2 graphics options in BF4 to High and its not crashing now, it was crashing only because of overheating. Would not recommend people to Crossfire or SLI unless no other option, i have to do some major cooling for the cards and have to leave the side panel open when playing.

dude any particular reason why u went for intel xenon 1230 v3 instead of intel i5 4670....coz i compared them in cpuboss
... apart from the fact 4670 outperforms 1230...the former is also low on cost
...1230 just has higher l3 cache..

Back