Audio Need opinions on Fiio X1

if it si like those "what color is best looking..?" shit.. Shoo...

Else... if you value music and if you are a purist, who dont like compromises.. yes.. X1 is better.
But dont even imagine loading your downloaded songs.. they are gonna be nearly same..
Rip the Disc or get a good source file ...
Very importantly use one of the best headphones/iem you can afford...
the quality the player outputs should not be bottlenecked by the earphones.

My question/query about this player ; -

Is it make any difference (Or worth To Get) for legally obtained .m4a files...

Or this player only for loos less format ?

If you listen to music during the commute a lot and have a decent quality iem then a good pocketable DAP is still worth it imo. You get better audio, it won't be too bulky for the front pocket (unlike the typical smartphone), you don't have to fill up your phone's memory with your music collection, dedicated controls make it easy to operate even from inside the pocket and your phone's battery isn't drained.

A simple answer - Yes, its worth it.
If you find a need for a DAP for quality music, then its one of the best considering in mind the budget upto 10-12k.

Alright, thanks everyone. And how much of an upgrade it would be over a Sansa Clip+? (Sorry, should have asked this earlier)

this much :p

thismuch.png

^^ LOL... Fiio also followed the BMW naming system too at their DAP Line. (e,g BMW X1, X3 , X5)

There is new 2nd Gen X3 available with DAC function - price is just double.

Hello @letmein

I own a Sansa Clip Zip (Rockboxed) and a FiiO X1 and in all honesty would be really hard pressed to tell the difference in audio quality between the two. Both are excellent players and sound pristine to my ears. It's a really tough task to beat a Sansa Clip+/ Zip, they sound so neutral and clean straight out of the box. The only player I have noticed to sound significantly better and albeit different is my Cowon X9 but that's largely because of the glittery Jet Effects and different sound presets which Cowon line of players come with.

If you would like a larger screen and also a significantly larger storage option to save and carry your music then go for the X1, you won't regret it. The battery life on it is also better than a Zip, even a RB'd Zip.

Cheers!

Sound clarity is much better than my phone mi3
Excellent packaging
Full Aluminium body, doesn't feel cheap at all
FLAC files runs flawlessly on it
No internal storage, requires a SD card
Overall 10/10 product

11117240_10205669516890048_1209008783831998526_o.jpg

Well I finally bought one from eBay today (seller is proaudio home). Cost me 6k after using the incredible Citibank 15% discount coupon. :)

Sweet deal that!

Thought I'll post a photograph of my DAP's here to give you a rough estimate of the size differences between the Sansa Clip Zip and FiiO X1 primarily:

DSCF1989.jpg

L to R: Cowon X9, FiiO X1 (Gold Ed), Sansa Clip Zip.

Also, a heads up to you mate about the central dial on the X1.... you may find it a tad wobbly to begin with but that's just the way FiiO made it. I know the wobbliness felt a bit odd when I started using the player but you'll get used to it. Thought that was worth mentioning.

Overall, it's a lovely DAP to have in your arsenal. Enjoy the device when it arrives my friend. :)

Back