Budget 41-50k Need Lappy for College

Bhoot

Recruit
I have been using a Lenovo think pad up until now but I would like to switch as my requirements are not being met by my current system.
I wish to buy the laptop after May 25th or so [Probably before 2nd of June].
I have a requirement to run the following :
1. (Optinal)Hadoop [Entry Level as I wish to learn it] (Optional as I do realize that it requires a lot)
2. CUDA [I have recently started indulging into parallel programming using CUDA and I really like how easily the complexity of many operations can be reduced . I wish to do some research work in this area. This is the biggest reason I need a new laptop as it required a good nvidia graphic card to work well. The workstations in my campus have only 2 streaming multiprocessors making them not very ideal for work as a lot of the functionalities require 4 or more SMs(I'd like a graphic card geared towards parallel processing)].
3. OpenStack [I recently got permission to install the software on a college workstation for a project on eGovernance. While, I wont be working on my laptop right now , I wish to be able to use practice using it afterwards as well (Dual boot to Ubuntu Server required. I am worried about the different kernals conflicting as an Mtech student warned me that it may coz problems for Windows)].
4. Visual Studio 2013 [I require it run CUDA and I prefer it for my basic C++ coding and the occasional C# coding , app development for windows desktop / mobile (Hence Win 8.1 is needed)]
5. Cisco Packet Tracer and GNS [I recently won a competition and I kinda need to practice the software a bit . I also wanted to get my CCNA certification this summer. I realize the requirements are small to none , but I wanted to put it in none the less].
6. Light Gaming [I am a guy , I have needs >"<].
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Some other preferences:
1. No ULV processor ! I am not under-clocking my processor -.-
2. Good after sale service.
3. Average screen size . [Small ones are hard to work with while large ones are hard to carry and pixelate low res movies ]
4. (Optional) A small SSD Hard Disk Drive [no particular reason , I just wanna see the difference]
5. Possibly small hard disk is preferred to reduce price and weight [I always carry my 1TB external HDD].
6. USB 3.0 Ports [Nearly forgot about it . I realize most lappies come with it , but still]
7. (Optional) Keyboard back-light [Because it looks Cool].

Last edited:
Then check out Acer models. But do NOT buy HP laptops/products in general. Very horrible after-sales service.

Back