Need Info: What to do with my extra Tata Photon+ connection?

StillWaters

Disciple
Hi Guys,

I have been using Tata Photon+ (3.1 Mbps 1X/HSIA) Data Card for the past year or so. Now I have been given a Reliance Net Connect Dongle by my office, so I don't need it anymore. I am on the verge of cancelling the Photon Service. Before I do that, I wanted to know if its possible to sell it. I asked Tata Customer Service and they said only option is to either transfer to someone in my family with same address or convert to prepaid. Does anyone know if I have any way of selling this Photon and transferring the connection to someone else's name?

Its a postpaid account with Bill plan of Rs. 550 for 3GB Data per month. After Tax etc, per month bill is Rs. 612. I bought the Dongle for Rs 2100. Don't have bill or warranty.

Thanks,

StillWaters

The best thing would be Convert it to prepaid and sell it off to your friend/relative. Now a days selling cdma cards like these are a big headache when they are wrongly used by the user whom you sell.

@op,Is it possible to remove sim from it? I am not sure about these cdma cards

Its not a SIM based model, so not possible to remove or replace the SIM
<

The best thing would be Convert it to prepaid and sell it off to your friend/relative. Now a days selling cdma cards like these are a big headache when they are wrongly used by the user whom you sell.

@op,Is it possible to remove sim from it? I am not sure about these cdma cards

Convert to prepaid, 2500/year for 6GB as a backup connection

A new dongle costs 1200, so you wont get much for your old dongle

Or just disconnect the connection and get it reactivated when you need it

Thanks. So I can easily get it reactivated even after cancellation? I was under the impression that once cancelled, the dongle is useless since its CDMA.

Convert to prepaid, 2500/year for 6GB as a backup connection

A new dongle costs 1200, so you wont get much for your old dongle

Or just disconnect the connection and get it reactivated when you need it

Thanks. So I can easily get it reactivated even after cancellation? I was under the impression that once cancelled, the dongle is useless since its CDMA.

I am not 100% sure about the reactivation part, but the dealer did tell me that 3 days after deactivation, reactivation can be done.

But you will need to do all paperwork again.

Back