Need Help regarding wired and wireless connectivity

Saikiran

Disciple
Hello
Currently i am using Win 7.I have a wired connection and a wireless connection. When i plug in my wireless USB it seems to work fine. But if I disconnect it(wireless) and plug in my modem immediately ...the network is unidentified and i have to restart my system to connect it back again to my wired connection.
Previously before I formatted my system there was no such problem....i could use both the connections interchangeably(i.e., removing the wireless connection and plug in the wired one and vice-versa) without a restart...but after I formatted my system this problem started....does any body know how to fix this issue...?

Sounds like your modem or windows 7 DHCP is not working properly. Disconnect your wireless connection, then plug in your wired connection and run the command "ipconfig /renew" in command prompt. See if that fixes the issue! Also, check if your modem is assigning an ip address to your lan adapter by typing the command "ipconfig /all".

Thanks for the response Mojolojo
I have connected my wired connection first and then removed it and tried to connect the wireless connection...it says unidentified network.....then i hit ipconfig/renew.....it says no media connected.....object already exists..now what to do..?

Are you able to ping your modem?
Has your modem assigned an ip address to your lan adapter? Did you check by typing the ipconfig /all command?

Are you able to ping your modem?
Has your modem assigned an ip address to your lan adapter? Did you check by typing the ipconfig /all command?
i am able to ping it and all the wired connection seems to work fine....when i type ipconfig/all i can see the ip address...but after i disconnect the wired connection and try to connect to a wireless USB i am getting the above mentioned issue...also the DHCP is enabled...

Back