Need help : N13U (DD-WRT) to set as repeater for S3 Wifi hotspot

mk76

Adept
Question to start with : Does the hardware buttons ( Router, Repeater, AP) have any impact after flashing DD-WRT.

To the main issue - I am trying to set my Asus N13u ( with DD-WRT) in repeater mode for SGS3 Wifi hotspot. But I am not able to get the router logon to the hotspot.
Using the guide here.
1) Setting the router as repeater ( and not repeater-bridge)
2) Tried changing hardware button positions
3) Set Wifi hotspot without any security
4) My laptop is able to connect to the hotspot with - 192.168.43.xxx
5) Router's own subnet defined as 192.168.2.xxx
6) DHCP enabled.
7) Tried all above again after (hard) resetting the router, but no use.

Any suggestions what I could be doing wrong.

PS : I can understand networking terminology and follow instructions but I am not an expert.

hmm.. the subnet you mentioned. are you sure thats the subnet or the defaul gateway?? subnet is most of the times 255.255.255.0. what this basically means that the first three figures in the IP address are masked and assume absolute values. ie. they wont change. and the last figure of zero, provides flexibility to assume any figure from 1 to 255.

plus, make sure that the wireless channel that your router and your hotspot are using are same.

now you are saying that your laptop connects with 192.168.43.xx . so basically that means, even your router needs to have an IP address of 192.168.43.xx

what you can do is,

manually set your router to have an IP address of 192.168.43.xx where xx can be any figure from 1 to 255. set the subnet 255.255.255.0.

in the default gateway, set your router to have the IP address of your S3 wifi hotspot

now you are saying that your laptop connects with 192.168.43.xx . so basically that means, even your router needs to have an IP address of 192.168.43.xx
manually set your router to have an IP address of 192.168.43.xx where xx can be any figure from 1 to 255. set the subnet 255.255.255.0.
I don't think there is any such option to set static ip on repeater to logon to host wlan. The only items available are host network security settings. In any case S3 wifi hotspot will have dhcp enabled. So obtaining ip will not be an issue.

plus, make sure that the wireless channel that your router and your hotspot are using are same.
As I remember, while using Asus own firmware there was no issue of wireless channel. I had used S3 hotspot and n13u used to work as repeater.

Back