Budget 0-20k Need: Help find Free or Cheap PC for a Maids Kid?

Need: Help find Free or Cheap PC for a Maids Kid?

We've donated a few old PCs to kids of some people who cannot afford.

We are open to some of the options below:

- If any one has any such machine gathering dust and want to help please let us know. You'll be doing some good karma
- If you want to let it go for a nominal price - token amount also, let us know.

- If you have good idea of Dealers who make and sell new machines with super cheap configurations, please share those configs and prices.

Background:
- There's someone who has been trying to PAWN off a 10+ year old P4 to the maid for an amount that we deemed as "High" and leeching them for their ignorance. So, we figured we could help.

Thoughts/ Ideas/ Guidance welcome.

PS: We need this in Bangalore and Mumbai for now. If you have it another place also we could ask some friend in your city to get it for us.

Need: Help find Free or Cheap PC for a Maids Kid?

We've donated a few old PCs to kids of some people who cannot afford.

We are open to some of the options below:

- If any one has any such machine gathering dust and want to help please let us know. You'll be doing some good karma
- If you want to let it go for a nominal price - token amount also, let us know.

- If you have good idea of Dealers who make and sell new machines with super cheap configurations, please share those configs and prices.

Background:
- There's someone who has been trying to PAWN off a 10+ year old P4 to the maid for an amount that we deemed as "High" and leeching them for their ignorance. So, we figured we could help.

Thoughts/ Ideas/ Guidance welcome.

PS: We need this in Bangalore and Mumbai for now. If you have it another place also we could ask some friend in your city to get it for us.

My sister's daughters PC is gathering dust and not being used at all because they already have 1 Laptop. They live in Ameerpet in Hyderabad (middle of the city).
The configuration:

AMD Athlon,
Asus MB,
2GB DDR2 RAM,
CRT 17" Monitor,
Microsoft KB/Mouse.

I don't know the exact details but they sure will donate for Poor People's sake.

One of my architects has an old PC lying in his office. I think he should let it go for a very minuscule price.

PS: location of PC is pune

Useful and an interesting thread.
A car cleaner here asked for a comp for his kids. A friend has an old p4 based system with him which i intend to pass onto the fellow in need, but i am not sure if it ll be of some use?

Its an Intel P4 system with 1GB DDR1 RAM
Is this a good config for his usage? His kids have just started to use comp at school.

My sister's daughters PC is gathering dust and not being used at all because they already have 1 Laptop. They live in Ameerpet in Hyderabad (middle of the city).
The configuration:

AMD Athlon,
Asus MB,
2GB DDR2 RAM,
CRT 17" Monitor,
Microsoft KB/Mouse.

I don't know the exact details but they sure will donate for Poor People's sake.

One of my architects has an old PC lying in his office. I think he should let it go for a very minuscule price.

PS: location of PC is pune
I have an old Core 2 Duo system lying which has no use to me atm. Let me know if you're interested
Can you guys please PM me your locations in the City + Area and Contact info? I can try and arrange a pick up or if I am in the city do it myself.

They Hyderabad + Pune thing, I am sure can be done as well.

PS: Please do PM me the following so that whoever (myself or friend) who does the pick up knows what they are going to have to carry and what we will get and who to give to.

- Hardware Details (Whatever Specs/ Size/ Weight) Description you can give.
- Location (Area)/ City/
- Schedule / Availability (When might someone be able to pick up)
- Contact Info: So once I have arranged volunteer / friend who is available to pick / And find it convenient to pick up they can contact based on the above info.
- Free / Price: If there is a price you will charge that we will have to ask the maid / etc to pay.

Useful and an interesting thread.
A car cleaner here asked for a comp for his kids. A friend has an old p4 based system with him which i intend to pass onto the fellow in need, but i am not sure if it ll be of some use?

Its an Intel P4 system with 1GB DDR1 RAM
Is this a good config for his usage? His kids have just started to use comp at school.

Good. It should work. Help them out.

Any people who would like to help please message.

Can you guys please PM me your info as requested above and I can connect with you offline and arrange a hand off? [DOUBLEPOST=1369839601][/DOUBLEPOST]
I have an old Core 2 Duo system lying which has no use to me atm. Let me know if you're interested

I have tried messaging you and been unable due to your profile settings. How do we connect? If your offer to help does not stand anymore please do let me know. At least, I can let the maid people know that the person has backed out and they will have to wait.

I am really disappointed with the fact that there has been no response from the members who said they would help here.

Given their responses I had told the people ahead that we were able to find some people who would donate machines and now you can imagine how bad it looks and how they would feel.

At least, live up to your words or have the decency to reply here or to the PMs and say that situation has changed and you will not be able to do as you had said before.

If you have time to post on forum regularly, you can at lease respond and say you are backing out.

Mods/ Admin - I respect this community but its disappointing.

Buddy I dont have machines and motherboards. I was asking for them to give to underprivileged, not offering them.

PS: Also, all the people who offered on that thread have not even had the decency to respond back or atleast say that they are backing out.

After making positive statements and me passing forward the good news, no response whatsoever.

Someone's education depends on what you offered and now you dont even respond.

^ Violax is a 2 week old member, and bssunil has been giving some guy grief over a deal thread. If you were expecting either to fulfil their commitment - then you must be new to the Internet :bag: (no offence)

Try approaching IT companies, since they routinely upgrade and give away batches of systems to non-profit organisations. Nasscom has the BigBridge program that streamlines this process, but its for NGOs. Anyway try asking them if they indulge end-users as well.

Thanks for the insight. I've been familiar with the internet when it comes to 'deals' and flakes. Just never thought people when expressing intention to do good and serve will be the same.

Back