Need a new Wifi Router

Saurabh213

Disciple
Hello,
I have a bsnl broadband connection at my home and currently and i am using D-link 2520u modem along with TP-Link WR740N wireless router..
I need a new setup so that i can directly connect my bsnl line to the wifi router

Can you pls elaborate why using separate hardware is good?
The only reason I use separate hardware is the flexibility wrt to open-source (dd-wrt, open-wrt). With an asdl wifi router you can't have the flexibility to use (even if there are open-source available it will disable the modem capabilities). So if you never plan on using open source routers or consider customizing for future expand ability you can buy a single hardware. But when you have the modem working good, it is better to buy a router unless you have space constraints.[DOUBLEPOST=1432743198][/DOUBLEPOST]And I forgot to mention, in the near future if you plan on switching to cable service provider you might have some difficulties using your adsl modem. Cable internet providers will have their own modem and would need a non-adsl wifi router to work out of the box (though some modems have the option of getting a wan through one of the lan ports or you might have to tweak to make it work)

Last edited:
Back