Budget 31-40k Need a mid range gaming laptop.

Manomax

Disciple
Hi fellas,

I am looking for a mid range gaming lap that runs Diablo III, TF2 and some future releases like AC III etc.

1. What's your Budget?
~40k

2. What will be your primary usage for the notebook be?
.Net, other programming stuff, gaming, surfing etc.

3. What size and weight considerations do you have?
15" is enough I guess. Don't really know about the weight, but less weight would be great.

4. Any brand that you prefer, or any brand that you detest?
I am not really into laptops. This would be my first laptop. Some recommends for Dell and some for other brands. I don't have any idea about brands. I still prefer Dell, Sony.

5. Any other considerations?
Should be 2nd gen Intel i processors.
4GB RAM
At least 1GB Graphics memory. Many lap comes with Intel graphics. What do you guys think about Intel graphics? Is it good?
Some laptops doesn't have numpad. I need a lap with numpad.
A nice look.

Thanks in advance.

Any other considerations?
Should be 2nd gen Intel i processors.
4GB RAM
At least 1GB Graphics memory. Many lap comes with Intel graphics. What do you guys think about Intel graphics? Is it good?
Some laptops doesn't have numpad. I need a lap with numpad.
A nice look.

Okay you want a gaming laptop, you need to up your budget to go for an Intel based solution mate.

Do not go by the V-RAM of the graphics card. More importantly try to get the best graphics chipset within your budget, going by your requirements you will need at-least a nVidia GT630M OR superior [equivalent cards from AMD also acceptable].

Currently the only solution that you have in hand is an AMD Trinity setup as Intel HD integrated graphics adapters are very, very anaemic. Here is something that you might like --> HP Pavilion G6-2005AX Laptop AMD A8 Quad Core/4GB/500GB/Win 7 HB/1GB Graphics: Flipkart.com: Compare, Review HP Notebook.

Hope this helps, Cheerio!!

P.S. -- @JuGGa and @DarkAngel help is needed.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Manomax Diablo III, TF2 are not much graphics hogging game, HP 2005ax (7670M + 7640G) can easily handle those. 630M is 10-15 percent better & clubbed with a much powerful CPU, but you loose OS (in the Asus K53SM). Also, I can't comment on graphics need of AC3. But both of the GPUs are slowly coming in the bracket of mediocre from mid-range arena. And it won't be able to handle upcoming games in more than medium settings. At least look for 635M. If you increase the budget to 49k, then Samsung 550p 's specs are too good to believe (650M). Have a look here: The Samsung Series 5 550P Laptops Thread - Digit Technology Discussion Forum. But there's a bit of throttling problem at high temps, but many users have reported to resolve it after using some anti-heat measures (simple ones like keeping a book or a cooling pad).

I bet you will not regret your decision.

Last but not least. if you can't increase your budget, go for this HP G6-2007tx. Perfect for your budget.

^^ yup. 7670 is not a highend GPU and can handle AC3 but looking at how fast graphics is evolving, it may turn out to be a entry level GPU in a year or so. GT650 is a highend GPU and best is Samsung 550P has not only fast internal but good resolution. All that for 10k more than the 7670M + i5 based HP.

A guy is selling a second hand laptop in my area. The following are the specs.

Model: HP Pavilion DV6
Intel Core i7-2670QM 2.2Ghz (8 CPUs)
4GB RAM
750GB HDD
On display page of dxdiag it says Intel(R) Graphics. But there is Radeon sticker in the lap. So I guess it must be powered by Radeon.
There is also beats audio logo in the top left corner.

I tried looking the exact model on the internet, But couldn't able to find it. He is asking for 43k for it. Should I go for it?

@sam811, He gave me everything but no bill/warranty. How to check the battery? I am completely new to this latops, please help me. I will install some games and I will report back.

^Check its wear through HWmonitor. And run a battery eater test. Also, check its temps by playing a heavy game such as crysis warhead/BF3, just to be safe.

@sam811, He gave me everything but no bill/warranty. How to check the battery? I am completely new to this latops, please help me. I will install some games and I will report back.

its a bit of risk affair as you are spending 40k+ on a used laptop without any warranty. But the offer is way too tempting to resist. So its a choice of spending more and getting a laptop with a bit lower spec vs used one with better proccy but lower priced.

Back