Budget 31-40k Need a lappy for Solidworks

hitesh12

Adept
  • What's your Budget? 35 +- 2k
  • What will be your primary usage for the notebook be? Solidworks
  • What size and weight considerations do you have? Minimum of 14" would be good enough I guess
  • Any brand that you prefer, or any brand that you detest? Nope
  • Any other considerations? Battery life and A.S.S are really really imp
  • Location - Delhi
  • Would most probably buy through EMI so no local store (right ?)
  • Need GPU (atleast 7650) and an SSD (128gb)

Last edited:
Checkout Dell Precision laptops if you have accessibility to those. Got colleagues who use these for solid works and CAD. Even had a chance to use for a day or 2. Excellent. build qlty is also top notch.

Checkout Dell Precision laptops if you have accessibility to those. Got colleagues who use these for solid works and CAD. Even had a chance to use for a day or 2. Excellent. build qlty is also top notch.
Thanks for the reply. Will soon check it out

How good is their A.S.S ? Is it as good as in case of monitors ?

You'll not get any laptop within 30-35k that can smoothly run solidworks. You need a quadro/fire pro gpu which doesn't come in consumer laptops.

You'll not get any laptop within 30-35k that can smoothly run solidworks. You need a quadro/fire pro gpu which doesn't come in consumer laptops.
Well I have been using Solidworks just for a month now and I don't think I would need a workstation GPU. Right ?

Forget workstation notebooks like Dell Precision/HP Elitebook/Lenovo Thinkpad. They cost 1 lakh+.
You are asking for a lot and a laptop in your budget is not capable of handling rendering.
A desktop is a much better option.
If you need mobility though then I would suggest this:
http://www.flipkart.com/lenovo-esse...b_18&ref=bca72b3b-d79d-45ea-8b34-302365fae070

Get SSD later from www.onlyssd.com

If that laptop has a msata SSD slot free(which you have to research) then you can order Plextor M5M 128 GB msata SSD for 8k later.

Back