Audio My Review on Signature Acoustics C-12 IEM

HOTSHOT_ECHO

Disciple
MY REVIEW ON SIGNATURE ACOUSTICS C-12 IEM:

Hey guys it’s been a while since I started using in ear monitors again ,since i usually prefer circum-aural headphones for home use, so, I got this in January so it’s about time I give my take on our own Indian home brand signature acoustics C-12 IEM

Signature acoustics is a in-home brand of PRISTINE NOTE audio store based out of Navi Mumbai. Their known for great service to their customers as well one of the few stores that allow you to audition (almost impossible to find) the audio gear before buying
(which is a great blessing for high end buyers)

PICS & PRESENTATION:

The box package contains the iem along with a brass metal casing for storage
Accessories include 3 pairs of extra ear tips along with a pair of filters and a shirt clip

DSC00481_zps15158163.jpg

DSC00448_zps245e38ee.jpg

DSC00473_zps65f6ded2.jpg

DSC00468_zpsc53b903a.jpg

MUSIC BACKGROUND:

1) I like a balanced sound with a good amount of bass (not excessive)

2) I need a good soundstage to feel immersed in the sound

3) I need a deep level of sound depth along with great detail in tonality and instrument separation

4) The genres I usually listen to are pop, hip-hop, reggae, classical, instrumental, and electronic (not a metal fan)

OFFICIAL SPECIFICATION:

MODEL : Elements C-12
Driver : 8 mm (CCAW)
Impedance : 18 Ohms @ 1 KHz
Frequency : 17 to 20 KHz
Sensitivity : 102 dB
Total length : 1.2 mts (split length 28 cms)
Channel Balance : < 2.5% dB @ 1 KHz

DESIGN& BUILD QUALITY:

The earphone drivers are enclosed in a wooden housing with the SA logo engraved on it. The cable is braided and has a 3.5mm gold plated 45 degree connector for better strain relief(this is immensely helpful for laptop owners who have the audio jack at the left or right side since its avoids bending the wire ,in any case its better than straight connectors).Overall the build quality seems quite durable. The earphone fit is comfortable and one can listen for a few hrs to music or movies at a stretch.

ISOLATION & LEAKAGE:

The earphones provide pretty good isolation at a volume level of around 15-20 (30 being the max) on my Sony walkman mp3 player (not an apple fan).
The leakage is zero at low to medium high volumes, and almost negligible at high volumes.
Overall I can give it a rating of 4 out of 5.

SOUND:

Here ive used 320bit mp3, flac, wav formats for testing
My background for the review of these earphones are audio technica m20 ,audio technica m35,sound magic pl 30,meelectronics m9,audio technica ad700 and Bose ie2.

1) Burn-in: I’ve completed about a 150hrs of listening to music on this earphone, and don’t find much difference in the overall sound quality after burn in.

2) Bass: The bass is just simply beautiful. It’s not fast paced but it’s controlled with good depth and deep impact.

3) Tonality, Texture, and Clarity:
The tonality is simply amazing with bright highs and warm mids. The texture of sound is quite balanced and has a lot of warmth to it, in addition to great vocal clarity with great detail . Bass lines sound very clear which is something available in the higher end earphones series

4) Soundstage and Imaging:
For people who don’t know what soundstage is, here is a short description:
Sound stage is the recreation of the recording of a musical event in the x, y, and z axis. (w, d, h) be it in mono/stereo. The x axis is the easiest to reproduce, the z hardest. In large home systems you are really entering deeply into diminishing returns to get that height.
Imaging is what’s placed within the sound stage. Here you should be able to pick up the individual characteristics of the said instrument; its size in relation to the others in the sound stage i.e. a piano should sound much larger than a violin etc.

The c-12 has a awesome soundstage along with great imaging to go with it. Although an amp isn’t required, the earphones do benefit from a decent soundcard. I’ve tested and found that the sound with an onboard asus xonar soundcard sounded much better than my crappy realtek laptop soundcard.

CONCLUSION:
Comparing these to some of the sub 6k headphones I’ve listened to including sennheiser, soundmagic, brainwavz and especially BOSE IE2(ABSOLUTE CRAP FOR ITS PRICE) these earphones are a absolute gem for its price(it retails for 2.7k). Nowadays it’s hard to find a excellent pair of earphones with a good price to performance ratio without complaining about it.

For those of you who can audition it, TRY IT OUT AND GET IT, you won’t regret it
(NO MARKETING INTENDED)

PS: This is my first review and an entirely personal opinion, so please feel free to offer any suggestions and constructive criticisms so I can give better future reviews

Attachments

• DSC00473_zps65f6ded2.jpg
    DSC00473_zps65f6ded2.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 139
  • DSC00481_zps15158163.jpg
    DSC00481_zps15158163.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 150
  • DSC00443_zps082692a9.jpg
    DSC00443_zps082692a9.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 143
Back