Laptops My Review: Lenovo ThinkPad X120e

#[member='Metalspree'] bigger picture will do
tongu23e.gif

Whats the damage on the X120e? The only thing I hate is the protruding battery at the back.

130e available locally in India / Am waiting for brazos2.0 refresh
<

Will post a bigger picture of the same bag later today. I would rather you go for the Thinkpad x120e because the performance difference between e-350 and e-450 is not even noticeable. A more compelling reason to choose the x120e over the x130e according to me a Thinkpad Purist(!) would be the design. The x120e looks like a proper thinkpad and inherits the design that has been the hallmark of the thinkpad series. the x130e looks like a thinkpad edge and hence it looks ugly.

^^Brazos 2.0 != E450, its E2 1800 with full turbo on both CPU/GPU, + Usb3.0 native with many improvements in chipset, more power efficient than E4/350.

and support for higher frequency DIMMS as well.

@metalspree - all i wanted to know is did you get the six cell battery or the three cell battery, from sulekha?

@dark star - whats the pricing (current) on the x130e and when is the expected refresh to brazos?

#[member='Dark Star'] I dont have the lappy with me any more . It was a gift to some one. Wait will get you better pics from a friend.Regarding the battery i dont see how its a problem? If aesthetics are really important get a MBA
tongu23e.gif
and more over its towards the behind some thing you do not keep looking at all the time.

#babhishek 130e is not really worth it .

#[member='babhishek'] - Was suppose to drop in Q1 2012 time frame, but slightly delayed, devices featuring Brazos 2.0 has started showing up so I can hope by the end of the month near IB release, Brazos 2.0 should come out.

#[member='Arjun'] you got it wrong sulekha doesnt ship everything via Indiaplaza the laptop was sent by a store ( Sterling Infoway) in Delhi.

If you buy from indiaplaza it will most probably be sent from the same store , the price on both sites is same Rs 17939, sulekha gives 1k extra cashback to Facebook users.

hows the laptop for regular use?

want to replace my wrecked dell studio!!

is the screen too small?

would it suffice for needs like surfing,occasional movies and skype!

I bought one from Sulekha at 17k

Upgradation to 4gb ram

Pretty happy with this

Battery life is 5.5hrs

Build and screen is awesome.

Graphics performance is average

Win 7 Ultimate rarely feels sluggish, Basic should be ok

Good one for mails , on the go , surfing , movies etc.. I don't game much. Angry birds and NFS run pretty okay.

I owned Dm1z few months ago, was comparatively better graphic performance (probably my feeling )

Far solid and professional build than Dm1z.

Anyways satisfactory performance. Recommended from my side.

Any updates with replacing HDD to SSD ?

I need suggestions... As to which 128 gb SSD ? SATA 2 compatible ?

Sent from my HTC Flyer P510e using Tapatalk 2

Back