Laptops My dell studio 15 (1555) is not booting anymore please help

Hi Guys,

I m facing a very strange problem, previously i booting my laptop from windows 7 DVD, and delete my previously install windows 7 partion for installing the fresh one windows 7,but the partition will not delete and i illegal restart the system by removing the battery, after that i again try to boot from windows 7 dvd but my laptop not booting anymore, i also try some linux dvd but get the same result. please suggest me how to overcome from this problem .
Regards
Abhishek Sood

Have you enabled Booting from Optical Drive setting in the Bios??

Your query is very unclear. Did you format your windows partition before attempting the fresh install??

Check whether Booting from Optical drive is enabled in the BIOS. If it isn't, enable it and then boot from your Win 7 DVD. Format the Drive where you want to install Win 7 and then proceed with the installation.

^ i think he was playing with the partition table, while for some unspecified reason, he power-offed the laptop by removing the battery. His HDD partition table might be corrupted as he had removed the battery.
Quite unclear :S

CA50 said:
Is your system not booting from the DVD or the HDD ? And is there any error code?

My lappy easily boots when I disable my HDD from BIOS and When I enable my HDD from BIOS I cannot boot my lappy even from DVD-Drive.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

nehaladsul said:
Have you enabled Booting from Optical Drive setting in the Bios??

Your query is very unclear. Did you format your windows partition before attempting the fresh install??

Check whether Booting from Optical drive is enabled in the BIOS. If it isn't, enable it and then boot from your Win 7 DVD. Format the Drive where you want to install Win 7 and then proceed with the installation.

Yes for ur first question.

Yes i was formatting my windows partition before fresh installing but the partition was not formatting so I illegaly shut-down my lappy between this process by removing the battery - For ur second question.

Optical drive is enable in the BIOS that is why I am able to boot my WIN7 DVD after disabling my HDD from the BIOS - For ur third question.

Hey When HDD is enabled is the dvd drive selected as first boot device ,if no then select dvd-drive as first boot device and try it.

Secondly when hdd is disabled and u are able to boot through win -dvd ,can you enable hdd by going to device manager,if this is successfull and you are able to acess hdd ,format it completely and install win again ,maybe it will work..

You laptop won't boot when hdd is enable, coz it gets stuck trying to read the corrupt partition table.
As i have already said the mbr of your hdd is corrupt, better remove the hdd, connect it to a desktop and use some hdd tools to clear the mbr and re partition the hdd.
As for tools i will suggest hiren boot cd, it has lots of useful tools in it.

Back