my chipped xbox 360 wont play newer games..

rainbird

Recruit
HI, i got my chipped (not flashed!!!) xbox 360 not so long ago and it runs older games' backup as a charm but i have problems with the newer one (the xgd3 type), everytime i burn them i put them in and i get the unrecognized disc message,,,

please help

Drive hack probably, since he mentioned getting "Unrecognised disc" error. Which dashboard version are you on? If you're on 2.0.13604, then you'll need to have LT+ 2.0 firmware on your DVD drive to play the XGD3 games. Any firmware beyond that would require LT+ 3.0 and DVD's need to be burned with Liteon iHAS 124-XX B DVD Writer (flashed with iXtreme Burner Max Firmware). Another pre-requisite is the use of ONLY Verbatim dual layer media & the game back-ups need to be patched with their respective topology data through ABGX360.

I have been out of the DVD drive flashing side for quite a while now, so if there is any mistake in the my explanation, please do correct it.
<

i have chip installed so it means that i dont need firmware flash and i burn them by the book, even got a new pack of verbatims today... yet nothing works except pre xgd3 but them work even on non verbatim discs...

I'm confused now. Chipped could mean a mod-chip being installed on it, in which case, I assume it's a hard mod like Reset Glitch hack or a JTAG. If that's what you mean, then why bother burning discs? You could boot the games directly off a USB HDD.

Try to be clear about the type of mod you have on your console and then perhaps we could provide more help. You also didn't answer my question; Which dashboard version are you on?

you should check the vendor whom u purchased from what i thing ur firmware hack is out of date if its a probe hack then ur vendor has the key

so u should ask him to update ur 360. or u can check tutorial on YouTube if u are familiar with how to hack 360 for recent update on hacks.

& which games are u unable to play .

Its probably firmware hack not chip hack, you need to get your console's dash and firmware updated to play the latest games.

Anyways let me know the Dashboard version your console is on.

the chip is either an alladin or dou x 2 with no additional hdd but if what you tell me is true than ill just get an extra hdd for it

^ dou x 2 was an xbox chip not 360. You sure about the chip name? Anyways modchip hack means xbox can play games off HDD, for playing DVDs you need DVD hack, mod chip hack wont work.

Back