Monitors Monitor Issue(Weird Line)

YashBhatt

Insanely Idiotic
Adept
Hi guys,
I have an AOC 2036SA Monitor which i have been using for almost 3yrs now and it was working fine up till yesterday when i started having this weird yellow line on the right hand side of the screen
Now the position of the line is almost 4-5 inches from the right bezel with a thickness of around 0.5mm which kinda makes it impossible to watch any movies or play games

The Monitor was bought on 7th August 2009 so there is no warranty left on it(AOC has a 3yr Limited Warranty)
What can be done in order to get it fixed ?? Or should i just get a new monitor within the price range of under 10k ?

Any inputs here will be great !!

If you don't have another monitor then you could try taking a print screen.
Print screen copies the screen from the screen buffer so it might be of some help in diagnosing the issue.

have you ruled out graphics card problem by testing with another monitor?

Sorry,don't have a different monitor to test it :(

If you don't have another monitor then you could try taking a print screen.
Print screen copies the screen from the screen buffer so it might be of some help in diagnosing the issue.

Yes,I have tested
That was the first thing that came to my mind,the Print screen doesn't give me the yellow line

shutdown comp and switch on only the monitor. if it displays the line even without any input signal, then its has a problem.

shutdown comp and switch on only the monitor. if it displays the line even without any input signal, then its has a problem.

Yup it sure does
When i get the "AOC" on the screen at the startup,it has the yellow line :annoyed:

I have made sure that its not an issue with the GFX card or the cables,even tried banging the monitor to see if it fixes the issue :p
I guess,its either a repair shop or a new monitor

Back