Budget 21-30k Mini ITX HTPC

altainta

Disciple
Questions
  1. What is your budget?
  2. What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)
    • UPS APC
    • HDD 1 TB SEAGATE 7200
  3. Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)
    • UPS APC
    • HDD 1 TB SEAGATE 7200
  4. Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.
    • CPU - A6 / G2020 (not much needed but as per requirement this is it.)
    • Motherboard - MINI ITX INTEL/AMD WHATEVER AVAILABLE!!! USB3, SATA6, HDMI!!!
    • Monitor - 22" - 24" FULL HD! LED IPS whatever is good for videos/dailyuse/ no games !
    • PSU - Budget power supply 300w because i do not need much power as per config
    • Ram - 4gb which ever is compatible with cpu and mothrboard like optimum or minimum
    • Keyboard mouse - ERGONOMIC max 2k (claw user long fingers) wireless will be good too..
    • CABINET - MINI ITX budget wala only or DIY or ZEBRONIC ARE GOOD !! U get the mentality
    • SPEAKER - Rs. 500-700 (not much needed 2.0 or 2.1 is max i want) Small room
    • (please mention the rest in above format)
  5. Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component
    • SSD 60GB for boot partition and hdd caching. From usa in 3 months
    • bluetooth adapter v4.0 (if not present in the motherboard)
    • pico psu need suggestion how much power....
  6. Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
    • Mumbai (lamington road) (most parts from Prime ABGB)
    • Open to online purchase
  7. Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market
    • Depends on quality, usage and price.... can't say yes and no only...i always view it..
  8. What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
    • Browsing HEAVY !!! I MEAN 24 OPEN BROWSER ATLEST.
    • Desktop Processing
    • HTPC
    • Download rig, 24x7 operation
    • Watching HD movies (VIDEOS MKV 24p 1080p)
  9. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
    • I do not like company who do not provide service.!! that is it...good ASS and i will buy anything with observation no ass no observation.
  10. If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
    • Mild or low games which are very low requirement and works on my current dual core + h61
    • before 2011 games just for time pass in a MONTH !!!!
  11. What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage
    1. Desktop - 1440x900 / 1366 x 768 (current)
    2. Video FULL HD !!!!! 1920×1080 1080p
  12. Are you looking to overclock?
    • No (not required at all)
  13. Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
    • Windows 7 32 bit pro
    • Windows 7 64 bit pro
    • Windows 8 pro
Please guys suggest a good MINI ITX Motherboard. !! which is available..
This is my dream since a long time to make a smallest pc.. (please do not recommend ras pi i meant pc)
If u have any contact where i can ask please provide..
Please provide accurate or a little high amt rather than LOW AMT... this create total problems while purchasing

PLEASE PLEASE READ FULL QUESTION AND ANSWER TEMPLATE BEFORE POSTING

@babhishek
how come you came to the conclusion of zotac and mac mini... ? i mean i want a pc cum htpc...
How can zotac be good for my type of use (leaving playback) It consist ATOM which is not powerfull enough for my need...
Suggest a Mini itx mobo and good led screen.. Please read my answer template first

@OP Same here, I've the exact requirement like your http://www.techenclave.com/community/threads/plz-comment-and-suggest-for-this-config.152894/
Though AMD looks good, the compatible motherboards were not good for me in past. At last my AMD processor is eating dust in a corner and now I'm looking for an Intel solution. Though Intel 4th Gen Pentium G3220 is released worldwide, Intel has not released it in India and we have only 3rd gen pentiums in market :(

I'm looking for a best 21-23" IPS panel LED mitor with HDMI and DVI/D-SUB input ports within 10k. Dell's ultra sharp series are best but those will be out of my and hopefully your budget too. What about AOC/ASUS monitors ?

I'm ok to buy every component online and assemble it at home as the online price is less as compared to the local market here at CTC, Hyderabad. Once you step into CTC, the agents of almost every shop will be behind you, which I did not like it as you will feel like a prey to them.

Last edited:
@beginner007
Yes i got your problem i can give you solution too...
1) our solution is g2020 (According to availability)
2) If you want ips panel only than go for DELL S2240L it is the inly IPS monitor which is very good. I also shortlisted it. After sale service is good. AOC not good in A.S.S.
3) Mainly buy from this sites flipkart, ebay.in other are mumbai based.. check your area related website.. there might be many...
i will post further things on your thread check it out..

Thank you @altainta But Dell S2240L does not come with a HDMI cable and you have to buy from market.

Another thing, I'm confident of assembling the PC but worried if I'll do any mistake :) Also do we need to put the thermal paste on the top of the CPU while attaching the CPU fan over it ?

@beginner007
No issue just purchase it... Full HD supported... it is not a issue atall... no buddy will give you cable...
I ordered HDMI cable from ebay.in 1.6a or something...

Update : You only need 1333 Mhz of ram for g2020 Above it no use.. but for future proofing (if u are going to get higher sandy bridge) u can get higher

Last edited:
I have this primarily for movie watching - it is connected to my TV:

Antec ISK-310 mini ITX case with inbuilt 150W PSU
Intel i3-2100 cpu
Scythe Kozuti low profile CPU cooler
Asus P8H77-I motherboard
8GB Corsair vengeance 1600MHz RAM
OCZ Vertex4 64GB SSD
1TB Seagate HDD
Sapphire HD 6570 1GB Low profile GPU
External USB Bluray reader

Some parts were inported from the US (Board and cooler). Rest were bought locally. It cost me roughly around 30k.

@babhishek
how come you came to the conclusion of zotac and mac mini... ? i mean i want a pc cum htpc...
How can zotac be good for my type of use (leaving playback) It consist ATOM which is not powerfull enough for my need...
Suggest a Mini itx mobo and good led screen.. Please read my answer template first

err, are you serious? this is your intended usage....

1. What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
    2. Browsing HEAVY !!! I MEAN 24 OPEN BROWSER ATLEST.
    • Desktop Processing
    • HTPC

As far as I am concerned, a mac mini can do all this, also its not an atom in a mini.
Regarding a Zotac, I guess you haven't seen their range, have you?

Thermal paste helps to radiate the CPU heat via the CPU fan. And it optional for better heat mgmt.
that is what i am asking why the heck he posted it here

err, are you serious? this is your intended usage....

1. What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
    2. Browsing HEAVY !!! I MEAN 24 OPEN BROWSER ATLEST.
    • Desktop Processing
    • HTPC

As far as I am concerned, a mac mini can do all this, also its not an atom in a mini.
Regarding a Zotac, I guess you haven't seen their range, have you?

Seriously one thing i want to clear
1) i need windows
2) zotac doesn't have range higher than 61
3) I need usb 3 sata 6
4) Desktop processing means photo shop, windows program
Now if you have anything to say than say.. i know what zotac provides... if u are point toward something than show me as i am not able to get you here...

I have this primarily for movie watching - it is connected to my TV:

Intel i3-2100 cpu
Scythe Kozuti low profile CPU cooler
Asus P8H77-I motherboard
8GB Corsair vengeance 1600MHz RAM
OCZ Vertex4 64GB SSD
1TB Seagate HDD
Sapphire HD 6570 1GB Low profile GPU
External USB Bluray reader

Some parts were inported from the US (Board and cooler). Rest were bought locally. It cost me roughly around 30k.
Your input is really awesome i was also looking into the same matter

how much for
and
cpu cooler

I paid around 4800 including vat. However this was over a year ago.

As for the heatsink, it is not available locally. I bought it in the US for around 40$

that is what i am asking why the heck he posted it here

Seriously one thing i want to clear
1) i need windows
2) zotac doesn't have range higher than 61
3) I need usb 3 sata 6
4) Desktop processing means photo shop, windows program
Now if you have anything to say than say.. i know what zotac provides... if u are point toward something than show me as i am not able to get you here...

can you elaborate on point 2) - what is 61? do you mean id61?

usb3 and sata 6 available ( i hope sata 6 is 6 Gb/s)
zotac runs windows, photoshop runs on windows.

Instead of getting antec isk @ ~5k get CM elite 120 advanced @3k and a good quality atx psu @2k

Depends basically on what you wish to achieve - horses for courses. The Elite 120 is a rubbish case in terms of build quality compared to the isk 310 - feels like a plastic toaster. Also the footprint of the antec is way smaller and is much nicer looking in the living room.

However if you need more power than what the 150W PSU can output, you basically don't have much choice.

can you elaborate on point 2) - what is 61? do you mean id61?

usb3 and sata 6 available ( i hope sata 6 is 6 Gb/s)
zotac runs windows, photoshop runs on windows.
I don't think zotac advanced mini itx are available in the market (still i will check tommorow)
by 61 i mean H61 chipset. Which is what available in the market
Most things are available in USA...
i also thing RMA will be problem with zotac. Not much retailers in india...

Regarding ELITE i think it is very bad cabinet for ITX so i will keep it last resort.
There are many Mid tower and vertical tower available that will fit my need (chinese) with sff or full atx support...
Who need that stupid looking elite...
What exactly i need is COOLER MASTER MINI 210 BEST

Not much power needed.. currently my pentinium 4 consume 148 - 170 max ON LOAD (i have apc backup ups so i can say abt the watts exactly)

Back