Budget 15-20K Micromax Vs Karbonn VS XOLO Vs Samsung VS LG VS HTC

saroman.magz

Recruit
Looking for a Android phone but there are so many variant available with almost same features cant make my mind..i am confused between following as features are simile but price varies from 11k to 18 k

Micromax : Canvas HD / Canvas Doodle

Karbonn : Titanium S5

Xolo: Q1000

Samsung : Galaxy Grand Quattro

LG: LG Optimus L9 / L7 II

HTC: HTC One V / HTC Desire X

1. Budget?
A: can stretch to 18k

2. Preferred Form Factor(flip, bar, slider)?
A: Bar

3. Preferred display type?
A: ISP/TFT

4. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them.
A: Dont want Windows phone

5. Preferred input method (Touchscreen, QWERTY, etc.)?
A: Touchscreen

6. Camera required or not? If required, please specify type like front camera/flash/etc.
A: Required a 8MP camera. Flash.

7. Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc).
A: Android

8. Preferred connectivity options? (3G, Wifi, Edge etc).
A: 3G.

9. What is your intended use for this phone(internet, camera, multimedia, mails, etc)?
A: Camera, mails and internet,Gaming.

10. Any other requirements?
A: require dual sim with 5" screen, ICS or JB does not matter; should have a good battery

11. If you have already considered a phone then please mention the model.
A: Canvas 2

I'll talk about the phones I know about.

The Xolo Q1000 should be a good buy if the Q800 was any indication. The Micromax A116 is cheaper now by 1k, and you might have more custom ROMs for it, but when I was looking around for a phone, I remember seeing plenty of videos where the sensors like GPS didn't work at all. This might have been fixed, but do check.

The Karbonn S5 Titanium is worthless. The Snapdragon Play processor it ships with is slower than the Mediatek processor on the A116 or Q1000, and it has a qHD resolution on a 5 inch screen. Don't bother. The Canvas Doodle has an even LOWER resolution with an even BIGGER screen. I presume things would look terrible on the screen.

The Samsung, LG, and HTC phones you listed don't have 5 inch screens.

Go for MMX CHD.

Better to buy from a reputed local store or well branded store, so that you can replace it immediately if something is defected.
*Touchwood I didn't find any defect in phone which I bought.

Everything is working fine for last 3 months using this phone.

Edit: Just saw this

The Micromax A116 Canvas HD has just seen its first major update released, Android 4.2.1 which adds several cool new features and delivers a fix for the low GPS lock issue.
As far as what's included in the update, you get quick toggles in the notification area, along with offline voice typing, and panorama shot capabilities for the 8MP shooter. There's also the usual slew of minor bug fixes and performance improvements.

Back