Micromax Launched 2 4K TV 42" @39990 and 49''@49990 :)

Me too but Let see some reviews and Videos + Xiaomi has it answer but it will took some Time but i m temted to buy this 49inch as i have NO tV a home since Last TWO months

Let's SEE bro :)

It probably has nothing going for it except for the resolution.
There's no 4K content especially in India and it won't make a difference either on those screen sizes, kinda like having 1080p on a 4 inch screen.

But in coming days like tata sky already launch 4k box + we can play PC games in 4k as well

6400 for a STB that too no idea of channels and packages, but like i mentioned earlier you won't notice a difference between this and Full HD on those screen sizes at the distance you'll be sitting away from the tv, you'll need at least a 65 incher to see noticeable differences.
Also, only the older pc games can run on 4K with playable framerates, newer games struggle to maintain 30fps even with 2x980s with medium settings. 4K gaming is not a viable option until powerful cards show up over the next 2-3 years and even if you do who'd want to hook it up to a tv with scaling problems, better to get a 4K monitor instead.
Like someone else mentioned this is just marketing gimmicks plus it's micromax.

It probably has nothing going for it except for the resolution.
There's no 4K content especially in India and it won't make a difference either on those screen sizes, kinda like having 1080p on a 4 inch screen.

I dont dispute your point, the same logic applies to the expensive brand TVs, what is amazing is the manufacturer introducing technology at that price point and gives users some sort of future proofing, which wasn't possible earlier.

On a side note, I think MI TV2 which is a 49' is touted to launch at 40k, so Micromax is taking advantage of the earlier launch.

That's my point, it's going to be a long long time for 4K to go mainstream so it's pointless to jump onto the bandwagon so early and that too with a Micromax set.
First of all there are barely any HD channels worth watching, the only ones worth getting in the future will be sports and lifestyle anyways. Lots of the local programming isn't even worth watching in HD let alone 4K.
We also don't have the bandwidth to stream or download 4K content.

By the time 4K adoption is on a larger scale in the next 4-5 years, there'll be better+affordable options from the bigger brands so it's a waste of money to go future proofing on a 42" 4K tv now when there's nothing to watch.
I'm not changing my TV until there's a 65" 4K OLED under 1L.

There is a Videocon 4K tv for 40-50k in Vijay sales - don't remember the exact amount. It has good image quality and come with 3 years of warranty along with some bundled videocon 4k d2h connection scheme.

Microcrap. Meh. I'll pass. Besides what the heck are you going to do on a 4k?

Everyone is raving about the up-scaling and how it makes 1080p look that much better, firstly no one knows whether these cost effective brands have any sort of up scaling at all if any, secondly what up scaling are you going to experience on a 40 incher? I guess it best to demo these units live with your own content and make a decision.

Back