Micromax A110 for high end games?

DarkAngel

Skilled
Friend needs a phone to play high end games like Nova 3, Asphalt 7, Deadspace, Modern Combat 3

He has a budget of ~11k. I suggested the MMX A110. It has a dual core Cortex A9, 512MB RAM and a SGX531T which performs similar to the Mali 400MP1 of the Xperia U and Sola.

The Nenamark2 benchmark for the GPU for similar single core version is 24 fps. Wheras the U and Sola scores ~27-28 fps. I expect the MMX A110 to have a higher score since the GPU might be clocked higher in a dual core version.
The SoC performance both in terms of CPU and GPU is very similar to the U8500 in the Sola and the Xperia U.

So I would like to know whether the Sola owners, U owners are able to play the games with ease.

Also if the A110 has only 1GB of memory allocated for internal storage of apps is it possible to install a game Nova 3 which needs 1.7GB of space? AFAIK only after installtion you can move the game to the microSD using Apps2SD. Correct me if I am wrong. Is there any way to install a 1.7GB game in a phone with 1GB internal apps memory?

comp@ddict
Dark Star ALPHA17

Not necessary that you need 1 GB RAM for these games.... Xperia U and Sola has only 512 MB RAM...

Unforunately SGX531T is not comparable with Mali 400 GPU, even though it is single core GPU and has Dual core CPU... I would say that if your friend wants to play these games, he would need to buy a phone with SGX540 or above.... Also we cannot go by benchmarks alone to judge the hardware capabilities... If your friend is buying the phone to play high end games, it would not be a right choice to buy Micromax A110 at all PERIOD....

Here is the couple of videos I found in youtube:

Xperia U Nova 3 Gaming

Xperia Sola Nova 3 Gaming

nenamark2 stresses gpu to test its capacity. The xperia's have mail 400mp1 which is a midrange gpu and not a mp4 like the s2.
If u8500+512mb ram is able to handle the games then the mediatek mkt6577 should also be able to handle it since it has similar power.
Anyone has an idea reg the internal memory issue?

Regarding the space issue... I purchased Nova 3 for my S3 recently... What it does is it downloads the app which is 52.96 MB on the internal memory and downloads the obb and data files onto SD card which is exactly 1.64 GB... I have attached the screenshots taken from my S3 for Nova 3, MC3, Max Payne and Shadow Gun to give you an idea of how much space is taken on the internal memory....

Nova 3 HD

2012.10.27-15.42.33.jpg

Modern Combat 3 HD

2012.10.27-15.42.28.jpg

Max Payne

2012.10.27-15.42.21.jpg

Shadow Gun HD

2012.10.27-15.42.41.jpg

I came across this interesting article released by Gameloft about optimizing their games for Mediatek MKT6577 chipsets, but still not sure about SGX531....
Gameloft SA (via noodls) / GAMELOFT LAUNCHES FIVE OF ITS MOST POPULAR HD GAMES ON MEDIATEK'S NEW MT6577 AND MT6575 SMARTPHONE SOLUTIONS

PARIS, August 2, 2012 - Gameloft, a leading global publisher of digital and social games, announced that Little Big City, Shark Dash, Asphalt 6: Adrenaline, Modern Combat 2: Black Pegasus, N.O.V.A. 2: Near Orbit Vanguard Alliance and the Gameloft LIVE! application will be optimized for MediaTek's brand new MT6577 and MT6575 smartphone solutions.MediaTek, a leading fabless semiconductor company for wireless communications and digital multimedia solutions, and Gameloft are teaming up to offer these five optimized titles to handset brands and manufacturers around the world to preload on their devices. The MediaTek's MT6577 1GHz dual-core smartphone solution and the MediaTek's MT6575, based on a 1GHz ARM® CortexTM-A9 processor, will allow manufacturers of Android devices running on 4.0 operating system (a.k.a. Ice Cream Sandwich) bargain prices.
By integrating a dual-core application processor architecture that is widely deployed in the majority of today's premium smartphones, the MediaTek MT6577 boosts application and browser performance by up to 40% compared to single-core platforms, bringing unprecedented levels of user experience to mid and entry-level smartphones.
Now, MediaTek's latest smartphone solutions are available to manufacturers with a trial version of Shark Dash, Little Big City and the Gameloft LIVE!application along with one full game from the following selection: Asphalt 6: Adrenaline, Modern Combat 2: Black Pegasus or N.O.V.A. 2: Near Orbit Vanguard Alliance.
In May 2012, Gameloft already announced that several of its titles would be available for the MediaTek MT6255 EDGE feature phone solution.
"We're pleased to bring our most popular games to MediaTek's new chip and to expand our catalog of games to even more players all around the world." said Gonzague de Vallois, Senior Vice President of Publishing at Gameloft. "We are seeing a real rise of Android platforms in Emerging markets and we are eager to partner with MediaTek to benefit from this dynamic."
"We are thrilled to forge this partnership to bring together our technology to Gameloft's cutting edge development capabilities. As these two giants combine their strengths, it will allow us to develop even more competitive products which will bring our customers an even better gaming experience." added Jeffrey Ju, GM of Wireless Communication Business Unit at MediaTek.
The first smartphone models based on the new MT6577 chipset are expected to ship commercially in Q3 2012.
About Gameloft:
A leading global publisher of digital and social games, Gameloft® has established itself as one of the top innovators in its field since 2000. Gameloft creates games for all digital platforms, including mobile phones, smartphones and tablets (including Apple® iOS and Android® devices), set-top boxes, connected TVs and consoles. Gameloft operates its own established franchises such as Asphalt®, Real Football®, Modern Combat, and N.O.V.A.: Near Orbit Vanguard Alliance®, and also partners with major rights holders including Marvel®, Hasbro®, FOX®, Mattel® and Ferrari®. Gameloft is present on all continents, distributes its games in over 100 countries and employs over 5,000 developers.
Gameloft is listed on the Paris Stock Exchange (ISIN: FR0000079600, Bloomberg: GFT FP, Reuters: GLFT.PA). Gameloft's sponsored Level 1 ADR (ticker: GLOFY) is traded OTC in the US.

Jessica W. Lewinstein, North American PR Manager
415-265-5725
Jessica.Lewinstein@gameloft.com

Back