Graphic Cards Memory Clocks?

guys chill 900mhz is the base clock for 9600gt and effective will be 1800mhz and @topic creator click on sensors minimize gpu-z run any game for a few min exit and check speeds in the sensors......

its the idle memory clock for 9600gt under 3d load it will go to 900mhz

do this and report

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

iamddevil said:
gpuz shows my memory speed as half as well...shows up as 1000, when it's 2000. I've got a 5670 with gddr5.
It's cos it's DDR memory, nothing to worry about.
for the ddr5 the effective clock is 4 times of the base clock i.e ur base clock is 1000 and effective clock is 4000...

in gpu-z always base clock is reported...

for ddr2 its 2 times
for dd3 its also 2 times
for ddr5 its 4 times to get effective clock
and it has nothing to do with the memory being ddr or gddr only voltage threshold differ in ddr and gddr

comp@ddict said:
^^ Effective clock for GDDR3 is supposed to be 2000MHz.....
Yes, an if only you had remembered to mention that your "2000Mhz" and "five dots" is ascertained how...? Your post would have added value to the thread.

Everest IS reporting it correct, just that it does not multiply it by a factor of 2x -- dual data rate.

taher said:
guys chill 900mhz is the base clock for 9600gt and effective will be 1800mhz and @topic creator click on sensors minimize gpu-z run any game for a few min exit and check speeds in the sensors......

its the idle memory clock for 9600gt under 3d load it will go to 900mhz

do this and report

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

unfortunately,even while gaming the memory clock wudn't go up beyond 499.5mhz.
btw,
for the ddr5 the effective clock is 4 times of the base clock i.e ur base clock is 1000 and effective clock is 4000...

in gpu-z always base clock is reported...

for ddr2 its 2 times
for dd3 its also 2 times
for ddr5 its 4 times to get effective clock
and it has nothing to do with the memory being ddr or gddr only voltage threshold differ in ddr and gddr
btw,i thnk u meant 500mhz is the base clock while 900mhz is the effective clock.right?:huh:

tufel said:
btw,i thnk u meant 500mhz is the base clock while 900mhz is the effective clock.right?:huh:

no i meant 900 base and 1800 effective......so 500 base and 1000 effective in 2d
and 900 base and 1800 effective in full load 3d

do one think download rivatuner manually set ur memory clock to 900 play and check if there is any performance difference or the card is crashing.....if no then probably ur card and memory is working fine just the application are not reporting it correctly....if yes then rma the card..

Everest IS reporting it correct, j

Dude, get ur facts right, everest reported a speed of 500MHz, and DDR(dual data rate) of 999 i.e. 1000MHz, which is nowhere close to the 1800MHz effective speed of a standard 9600GT....

^^

Okay, am not sure what is happening here anymore.

It seems his idle states are being reported, and when 3D mode kicks in, the reporting tools are not picking it up.

Okay OP, try this...

1. Install an earlier Forceware WHQL version(shouldn't affect performance on 9600GT)

2. Download an older version of GPU-Z

Now check.

Update!
the dealer says he will not be able to replace my card as 9600gt is supposedly out of production (replaced by gt 240).now, he is offering me a gts 250 but he want me to cough up 800 INR. shud i go ahead or shud i negotitate? a detailed response wud be much apprecaited.

p.s. i currently got a sparkle 9600gt.

I bought this card 1gb version for 7k+ and it is working good for 19" monitor. So it should be gr8 for your resolution, much better than your current card. I think 800 Rs is not a bad deal.

But 9600 being out of production is not your fault, so force him to give it for free :) as ideally you are not suppose to pay a single rupee. If nothing works or if the GTS 250 is new and not refurbished you may consider it for 800 as well.

good luck

adi_vastava said:
I bought this card 1gb version for 7k+ and it is working good for 19" monitor. So it should be gr8 for your resolution, much better than your current card. I think 800 Rs is not a bad deal.

But 9600 being out of production is not your fault, so force him to give it for free :) as ideally you are not suppose to pay a single rupee. If nothing works or if the GTS 250 is new and not refurbished you may consider it for 800 as well.

good luck
well,its a brand new card,so no issues on that front. but do u really thnk i shud ask it for free? wat if he denies?

it may have a wrong bios where memory is set at 500 instead of 900 , try increasing that to 900 in rivatuner by overclocking and see if its stable , if its stable then it means u can flash with good bios to get it back at usual clocks ..

and the gts 250 for 800 is good deal imo . 250 retails for 7k , how much did u pay for this card ? its also possible that dealer is getting 250 for rma free and he is keeping that 800 in pocket .

RoBoGhOsT said:
it may have a wrong bios where memory is set at 500 instead of 900 , try increasing that to 900 in rivatuner by overclocking and see if its stable , if its stable then it means u can flash with good bios to get it back at usual clocks ..

and the gts 250 for 800 is good deal imo . 250 retails for 7k , how much did u pay for this card ? its also possible that dealer is getting 250 for rma free and he is keeping that 800 in pocket .
oc seems far fetched when i hv the option of rma. wat wud u suggest? i am really perplexed.

^^ Than no second thoughts on it, get the GTS 250. 4.8 + 8 = 5.6 for GTS 250 is quite good deal.

My point was that you should try to get the price as low as possible as it is not your fault that they don't have stock. If he agrees its your profit, if he didn't pay him 800 and get this.

update:
going to get the card on monday. got 2 options
1. zotac 9800gt 1gb
2. sparkle gts 250 512mb
i know gts 250 is a no-brainer i wud like to know your thoughts on its heat sink,cooling,noise,etc. as i am quite particular about these things. if this doesn't fit the bill then i can even go for the 9800gt which seems to have a gud colling system. your thoughts?

get gts250 without giving it much thought!!

good card good cooling,

but requires a good 400w psu

get it,

you are getting one hell of an upgrade

will somebody clear the air regarding the pcie connectors.i've also heard that u need to plug the second connector only if u're oc'ing or sli'ing. is that true?

The GPU will need both connectors. You can fabricate a second one, using molex to 6 PIN converter.

Back