PC Peripherals Matching Speakers with Stereo Amplifier

daumaster

Disciple
I have a pair of SONY SS-S350 3 way speakers, the power handling capacity of which are 30W RMS (Nominal) & 60W RMS (Max). Am presently using them with a Kenwood KA-32 Stereo Integrated Amplifier (35W RMSX2).

I want to upgrade my amp to a Yamaha AX-397 Stereo Integrated Amplifier, Output power of which are 60W RMS (Min) & 100W RMS (Max).

Can I use my SONY speakers with this Yamaha amp or will I have to change my speakers?

if you keep the amp running at rather low volumes, there shouldnt be a prob. but in the end, you're better off with more powerful speakers.

Naa will never be a problem with higher power amps.... Its always low powered amps that cause clipping and speaker damage. How much are you getting that yamaha amp for? If I were you, I'd get the NAD C320BEE instead :p.

If you can find a cinebels shop. great however i doubt there'd be any in assam heh. However the capabilities of a NAD would be wasted with those crappy sony speakers. You'd need better speakers. If you intend to keep those for a long time, even a cheap Norge or Pulz would do. If you have any intention to upgrade the speakers, invest in a NAD/Marantz/Rotel/Arcam/Denon. Most of these are available easily these days.

The Indian authorised dealer of NAD-M/s Lakozy Impex and Services,Mumbai is giving the 320BEE at 20K. Should I take it or haggle with him a bit more, as he will be wanting to clear his old stock of 320BEE, as the latest model-325BEE has come out in Old Blighty ?

Well if you can convince him for lower, try to do so else 20k is an okay price for india. AFAIK PM-57 is an old model. I'm not too sure how good it is.

Chaos said:
Naa will never be a problem with higher power amps.... Its always low powered amps that cause clipping and speaker damage. How much are you getting that yamaha amp for? If I were you, I'd get the NAD C320BEE instead :p.

and how much is that. cos i am changing my amp its very old onkyo amp which was bought in 1982 i think.

coupled with 2 big poineer cs 907 speakers

Back