Linux Mandriva 2009.0 Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anybody try the (persistent) USB stick install? If so, how would you rate the performance/experience? I was really disappointed with KDE 4.1, has 4.2 become less crash prone?

^^4.2 hasn't been released . its 4.1.2 :) APart from that Mandriva doesn't allow an option to install in USB as they deliver Mandriva Flash that you can purchase from mandriva store :)

I am using Mandriva 2009 Final:D Still I have problem with 3d desktop effects and video play back.
1.No video play back with compiz fusion.All player crash down on video files.
2.Side show like video back with Compiz Fusion Xgl
3.Perfectly working video play back with Metisse :)

No effect of enabling video play back from Compiz settings.

what could be problem?

945GC,2GB DDR800,640GB WD,E2140,ALC 888.

virus32win said:
I am using Mandriva 2009 Final:D Still I have problem with 3d desktop effects and video play back.
1.No video play back with compiz fusion.All player crash down on video files.
2.Side show like video back with Compiz Fusion Xgl
3.Perfectly working video play back with Metisse :)

No effect of enabling video play back from Compiz settings.

what could be problem?

945GC,2GB DDR800,640GB WD,E2140,ALC 888.

Fix it from here 2009.0 Errata - Mandriva Community Wiki

Thanks dude.I will try all possible solution from Wiki link.Enabling ccsm video playback plugin did not worked.

May be openGL/gstreamer settings will do job.But they referred these settings for other then Intel Video adapter.

I just want VLC to work; which set of setting do I use?

Also, CTRL+W doesn't seem to work on Firefox. All other combinations work though. :S

Thats good, now join Mandriva and upload you rig specs here Mandriva HCL - Linux Enabled Hardware After that under my host select the performance of Mandriva for you system !

Man%20HCL.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back