Less than 10K Low cost smart phone

Ksavai

Disciple
1. Budget?
A: 5-6k
2. Preferred Form Factor(flip, bar, slider)?
A: whatever
3. Preferred display type?
A: whatever
4. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them.
A: open to all
5. Preferred input method (Touchscreen, QWERTY, etc.)?
A: Touchscreen
6. Camera required or not? If required, please specify type like front camera/flash/etc.
A: Practically not going to use camera
7. Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc).
A: Any
8. Preferred connectivity options? (3G, Wifi, Edge etc).
A: 3G if possible not required (2g also fine)
9. What is your intended use for this phone(internet, camera, multimedia, mails, etc)?
A: Phone, SMS, Whatsapp only....
10. Any other requirements?
A: A-GPS would nice to have
11. If you have already considered a phone then please mention the model.
A: Asha series, windows, android open to all.

Going to use this phone as backup mostly with phone SMS and whatsapp.

Android is preferable with A-GPS.

I think the best option for you is Nokia Lumia 520. If you browse properly, you can get one for about 7K. Yes, it's a stretch of 1K. But the longetivity of this phone will make up for it. Or you can also get Android-hodgepodge Nokia X for about same price with a limited Android ecosystem, but you'll get Here Maps and amazing built quality with crystal clear sound reception.

If you feel like being a bit adventurous, you can also opt for Gionee P3 or P2. Almost everyone I know who has bought this phone...is happy with it. And my sister just bought a Lava Iris 405+ and she's very happy with the build-quality and VFM factor of it.

But my choice for you would be Nokia Lumia 520 at 1K extra.

This will be my backup phone. (primary is nexus 4) so apart from whatsapp compatibility I am not looking for additional features.
Preferring android for better contact sync. so lumia 520 is last option.
xperia E 3.5inch touch screen seems unusable. :( low res and colour dont make difference.
And yes I was looking for some indian/china alternative if any one have 1st hand experience.
Gionee P2,3, Karbbon A27+, Xolo A500S, MMX A63??? anyone used these? or Asha 502,503?? Those are worth to consider

Back