Car & Bike Looking for suggestion on a new car for me - atlast !!!!

mobile_user

Disciple
Hi,

First of all, I am so happy while writing this thread.:)

Well, I am going to buy my first car. My budget is around 4.5 Lacs. I love to drive fast. I will usually drive it in the city. I am thin and around 5'10'' tall.

I am confused between Chevrolet Aveo U-VA, Hyundai i10, Chevrolet Beat. Though, my choice is first one. Please share your experience.

I wouldn't recommend the i10. The car is too bouncy, to make rear leg room they have compromised on bootspace A LOT, so nothing other than a single suitcase goes in. Also they have readjusted the gear ratios so the car is all fast and zippy, but it reflects on the mileage (which btw has become a necessity today).

First of all congrats on this new soon-to-be purchase :)

What is your daily / monthly usage bound to be like? If it is something more than 1500 KM, you might want to consider a diesel considering the high fuel prices.

Of the cars you have listed, I would recommend the i10 Sportz. Yea, I saw what has been written above, but don't quite agree. Just a single suitcase going in is a huge exaggeration unless the suitcase is actually a trunk. It is a great city car, not so much on the highways, but not bad either. I would not recommend the Chevrolets due to their not so great service backup, not so great mileage, and not so great resale - whenever you do plan to upgrade to your next one :)

okay yeah maybe i exaggerated, but I have a santro and the i10 boot is very small compared to that of a santro. the thing is, once in a while you need a bigger boot and that day the i10 might disappoint you.

^ Well, it would disappoint if you have a large group AND lot of luggage. Otherwise, the rear seats can always be folded for that extra bit of space.

MIJp0.jpg

Chevrolet Aveo U-VA!!!???? are you serious??that models a dud....would depreciate like hell as soon as it is out of the showroom. also GM might pull the plug on it anytime and spares and service would be a problem. I think resale would also be at a throwaway price...better stay away. the other two options seem sensible but are they really fast cars!!hmmmmm let me think.....no they are not. i-10seems contemprory and the beat is flashy your call, i know the wrong call but the Alto K10 is the pocket rocket to go for if speed is the criteria!!!but then it lacks in all the other aspects like safety, space, image etc. etc.(awesome mileage/service though). at this price point most cars are compromises on performance you see...just my two cents.

Why not look at the Figo, it uses the same chassis of the fiesta, its really roomy and VFM. I feel you should really consider the option!

i10 for me is a better choice than Aveo.. Otherwise i think you should consider a diesel car looking at the petrol prices being hiked at a regular basis!!

we recently bought i10 1.1 magna ... its much better than estilo/a-star in terms of interiors/looks ...

and gives better mileage than figo/uva .. figo petrol engine is notorious for below 10 mileage ...

Thanks for all the comments.

Well, there are mixed choices. No car has majority here.

I chose Chevrolet U-VA as I have read really good comments and reviews on various websites like carwale.com. The car is also very spacious. Also, no one has Chevrolet in my friend circle.

Hyundai i10 has became a next door car. Everybody has it. It is good in its segment but I do not have any particular reason to buy or even to deny it.

I agree Beat is too flashy but that solve the purpose of show off. And the car is not bad.

I considered Ford Figo but its maintenance cost is too much for a middle class guy like me. Other than this, Chevrolet offer 3 years free maintenance.

I do not want to buy Maruti Alto. My father has three cars and all Maruti (Maruti 800, Alto and SX4).

The car that really catches my attention is Nissan Micra but it is costly as compared to other cars in the same segment and the maintenance cost is too much. So, there are pros and cons with every car.

What you guys say about Maruti Swift diesel? I believe it will cost me a little higher but will be a good buy.

first why you want to pay extra 1L just for diesel car if your running is not that much . save that 1L and use it for fuel for petrol car ;)

my vote goes to beat . I love its look specially in black color with alloy and project . Perfect showoff car under your budget .

also if you go for swift you will same as all driving common looking car

if you can wait, then beat diesel is on its way and it will be around your budget it will be launched within next month,

swift diesel is gr8 car and its 70 k more (not 1 lakh)than its petrol sibling; but is due for updation which will be around diwali.

Out of your choice my vote will be

1. Swift diesel or petrol both will do

2. Chevy Beat Diesel

3. Chevy Beat petrol

4. Hyundai i10

other suggestions Ford figo diesel (strictly no for petrol as it has very less mileage)

Back