PC Peripherals Looking for SATA Data cable with clip

Eazy

Skilled
Recently I was at a shop in Lamington road and I asked for a SATA Data cable and was given one with clips which attaches to the HDD and MoBo quite firmly .... I want 2 - 3 more of these cables but cannot find them at Lamington Road. The shop did not know which Mother Board he got the cable with - anyone know which MoBo maker supplies these cables and any shop having these SATA cables for sale ?

The Abit K9N SLI seems to come with similar connectors, however they're red not orange:

Newegg.com - Once You Know, You Newegg

Still havent found the exact motherboard maker thats shipping these cables (could also be a host of other devices like PCI SATA cards, external SATA devices, etc)

Of course I dont think you'd buy the entire board just for the connectors :eek:hyeah:

one of friends got a intel 965 board and had the same style of clips i think.. maybe its the new standard

Well....I picked up one of these from the road side shops about 2 weeks ago for 10 bucks:bleh:

When i go there next...will check it out to see...BTW, it was available at PC Guide for 25 bucks a piece. The older non clip ones are not available any more.

THANKS for all the replies .....

@XT thanks for the info of PC Guide I will check with them next time I go to Lamington Road. These cables with clips on them are very secure on the SATA sockets.

@thexfactor ... nice link !! .. I do want an eSATA cable I will check if these guys will ship to India. I have other SATA cable pages links but this one you have given is the BEST !!! :hap2:

longlife said:
I have 3 extra cables with clip locks. Purchased at Rs.40/- each from Nehru place. If u are interested I can courier them.

Thanks for the offer .. much appreciated ... I will check if I can find these cables in Mumbai .... if I cannot find them then I will let you know.

sorry to bump this ages old thread up, but i'm going to need some of these cables with clips too.

i have the ones like these from monoprice.

would like to know if these are available locally here now.

the red ones we get in lammy without clip are a bit flimsy and i think they cause some data errors in my hdd if they get shifted while cleaning the cabby. not sure though.

In late 2007 i bought similar cables in bulk say 50 cables for 100 bucks from roadside sadakchap sellers. They were new and fresh in original pack and got a great bargain. All red. Working like charm since.

Back